FRANCE: Strong Growth In Turnover Continues For LVMH
Continuing strong demand for luxury products is reflected in the latest trading figures for LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton. Consolidated turnover for the third quarter 2000 reached 2,862 million Euros, an increase of 35 per cent compared to 1999.Sales growth, already very strong in the first half, continued during the third quarter of the year. The third quarter of 1999, used as a basis for comparison, was already up 31 per cent compared to 1998. September sales reached an absolute record level.Over the first nine months of the year, turnover has increased by 38 per cent to reach 7,894 million Euros.Growth in the Fashion and Leather Goods business group continues to be very consistent, with sales at Louis Vuitton up by 38 per cent. The distribution network continues to grow, and now numbers 276 stores - the most recent of which was opened in Seoul. A first store was also opened in Sweden. Other brands - Celine, Loewe, Kenzo and Givenchy - have registered double digit growth and the performance of Fendi is described as "excellent".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020