FRANCE: Strong Growth In Turnover Continues For LVMH
Continuing strong demand for luxury products is reflected in the latest trading figures for LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton. Consolidated turnover for the third quarter 2000 reached 2,862 million Euros, an increase of 35 per cent compared to 1999.Sales growth, already very strong in the first half, continued during the third quarter of the year. The third quarter of 1999, used as a basis for comparison, was already up 31 per cent compared to 1998. September sales reached an absolute record level.Over the first nine months of the year, turnover has increased by 38 per cent to reach 7,894 million Euros.Growth in the Fashion and Leather Goods business group continues to be very consistent, with sales at Louis Vuitton up by 38 per cent. The distribution network continues to grow, and now numbers 276 stores - the most recent of which was opened in Seoul. A first store was also opened in Sweden. Other brands - Celine, Loewe, Kenzo and Givenchy - have registered double digit growth and the performance of Fendi is described as "excellent".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar