US: Strong Q4 boosts LaCrosse Footwear
- Q4 profit up 96% to US$2.3m
- FY profit dips 11.3% to $5.5m
- Boosted by sales to US military
Increased sales to the US military helped LaCrosse Footwear to report a near doubling in fourth quarter profit to US$2.3m.
The company said net sales in the three months to 31 December had risen 21% to $42.5m, helping full-year sales to increase 9% to $139.2m.
However, full-year net profit was down 11.3% to $5.5m, the company added.
It said that sales to the work market had risen by 25% in the quarter, and by 18% for the full year, thanks to continued expansion into various areas of the US military.
Outdoor sales had risen by 16% in the quarter, but fell 4% over the full year, LaCrosse said.
Company president and CEO Joseph Schneider said he was "very pleased" with the recent sales and earnings growth.
"Throughout the year, we continued to see strong demand from various branches of the US military, reflecting the proven durability and performance of our premium footwear in demanding terrain," he added.
Brine, a division of Warrior Sports, has voluntarily recalled 7,000 youth and adult Brine VIP lacrosse gloves....
LaCrosse Footwear's second quarter profit all but disappeared as sales fell 11% on last year, thanks mostly to a 15% decline in revenues from the work market....
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020