US: Stuart Weitzman makes senior appointments
Footwear brand Stuart Weitzman has announced a series of senior appointments today (8 November).
The company said Sally Ross will become chief merchandising officer for retail. In the role, she will define and execute merchandising and visual strategies for the global retail department, reporting to vice chairman Wayne Kulkin. Previously, she was executive vice president of merchandising for footwear at parent company The Jones Group.
"Sally has a tremendous track record as an innovator and successful merchant leader. We are looking forward to her contributions as we continue to expand our retail footprint," said Kulkin.
Jonathan Lelonek will become executive vice president of US wholesale, reporting to Kulkin. He was previously director of wholesale and merchandising at Prada.
Samara Hodgson has joined the company as vice president of social and digital innovation. Previously, she was senior producer on the digital technology and innovation team at Estee Lauder.
Senior vice president of global marketing and communications, Susan Duffy, has also been promoted to chief marketing officer. She will continue to lead marketing, advertising, public relations and social media to ensure the branding message is consistent across all worldwide communications platforms as the company expands into new markets.
The company is also looking for a vice president of marketing for Asia as part of efforts to support its growth in Asia. The position will be based in China.
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- Clothing and cotton still on child labour list
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- M&S edit highlights ethically sourced fashion
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields