US: Stuart Weitzman makes senior appointments
Footwear brand Stuart Weitzman has announced a series of senior appointments today (8 November).
The company said Sally Ross will become chief merchandising officer for retail. In the role, she will define and execute merchandising and visual strategies for the global retail department, reporting to vice chairman Wayne Kulkin. Previously, she was executive vice president of merchandising for footwear at parent company The Jones Group.
"Sally has a tremendous track record as an innovator and successful merchant leader. We are looking forward to her contributions as we continue to expand our retail footprint," said Kulkin.
Jonathan Lelonek will become executive vice president of US wholesale, reporting to Kulkin. He was previously director of wholesale and merchandising at Prada.
Samara Hodgson has joined the company as vice president of social and digital innovation. Previously, she was senior producer on the digital technology and innovation team at Estee Lauder.
Senior vice president of global marketing and communications, Susan Duffy, has also been promoted to chief marketing officer. She will continue to lead marketing, advertising, public relations and social media to ensure the branding message is consistent across all worldwide communications platforms as the company expands into new markets.
The company is also looking for a vice president of marketing for Asia as part of efforts to support its growth in Asia. The position will be based in China.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy