USA: Study Shows Pull Of Pester Power For Back-To-School
According to Simmons' Kids Study, an in-depth survey of 5,000 children aged 6-11 throughout the US, children exert a lot of power when it comes to shopping for back-to-school. And some brands are clear winners in the pester power stakes. Levi's beat Lees hands down when it comes to jeans. The children interviewed felt very strongly about their clothes, with more than half picking out their own jeans. Levis came out on top among almost all kindergartners through to sixth graders.Almost three-quarters of the interviewees claimed to choose which type of trainers they would wear. Nike tops the list of preferred sneakers across the board, although almost a third of sixth graders broke the mould by opting for Adidas. Reebok was nowhere to be seen.Simmons' Kids Study, which is conducted twice a year, reveals the marketplace power of 6-11 year-olds. The research examines the demographics, lifestyle and product preferences, print and media exposure, and personalities that most influence children. It also illustrates the impact that children have on the buying decisions of US households. For more information about Simmons' Kids Study, contact Steve Carnevale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack