USA: Study Shows Pull Of Pester Power For Back-To-School
According to Simmons' Kids Study, an in-depth survey of 5,000 children aged 6-11 throughout the US, children exert a lot of power when it comes to shopping for back-to-school. And some brands are clear winners in the pester power stakes. Levi's beat Lees hands down when it comes to jeans. The children interviewed felt very strongly about their clothes, with more than half picking out their own jeans. Levis came out on top among almost all kindergartners through to sixth graders.Almost three-quarters of the interviewees claimed to choose which type of trainers they would wear. Nike tops the list of preferred sneakers across the board, although almost a third of sixth graders broke the mould by opting for Adidas. Reebok was nowhere to be seen.Simmons' Kids Study, which is conducted twice a year, reveals the marketplace power of 6-11 year-olds. The research examines the demographics, lifestyle and product preferences, print and media exposure, and personalities that most influence children. It also illustrates the impact that children have on the buying decisions of US households. For more information about Simmons' Kids Study, contact Steve Carnevale at email@example.com.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report