USA: Study Shows Pull Of Pester Power For Back-To-School
According to Simmons' Kids Study, an in-depth survey of 5,000 children aged 6-11 throughout the US, children exert a lot of power when it comes to shopping for back-to-school. And some brands are clear winners in the pester power stakes. Levi's beat Lees hands down when it comes to jeans. The children interviewed felt very strongly about their clothes, with more than half picking out their own jeans. Levis came out on top among almost all kindergartners through to sixth graders.Almost three-quarters of the interviewees claimed to choose which type of trainers they would wear. Nike tops the list of preferred sneakers across the board, although almost a third of sixth graders broke the mould by opting for Adidas. Reebok was nowhere to be seen.Simmons' Kids Study, which is conducted twice a year, reveals the marketplace power of 6-11 year-olds. The research examines the demographics, lifestyle and product preferences, print and media exposure, and personalities that most influence children. It also illustrates the impact that children have on the buying decisions of US households. For more information about Simmons' Kids Study, contact Steve Carnevale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020