USA: Study Shows Pull Of Pester Power For Back-To-School
According to Simmons' Kids Study, an in-depth survey of 5,000 children aged 6-11 throughout the US, children exert a lot of power when it comes to shopping for back-to-school. And some brands are clear winners in the pester power stakes. Levi's beat Lees hands down when it comes to jeans. The children interviewed felt very strongly about their clothes, with more than half picking out their own jeans. Levis came out on top among almost all kindergartners through to sixth graders.Almost three-quarters of the interviewees claimed to choose which type of trainers they would wear. Nike tops the list of preferred sneakers across the board, although almost a third of sixth graders broke the mould by opting for Adidas. Reebok was nowhere to be seen.Simmons' Kids Study, which is conducted twice a year, reveals the marketplace power of 6-11 year-olds. The research examines the demographics, lifestyle and product preferences, print and media exposure, and personalities that most influence children. It also illustrates the impact that children have on the buying decisions of US households. For more information about Simmons' Kids Study, contact Steve Carnevale at email@example.com.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sourcing at MAGIC tackles trade, Africa and speed
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar