USA: Study Shows Pull Of Pester Power For Back-To-School
According to Simmons' Kids Study, an in-depth survey of 5,000 children aged 6-11 throughout the US, children exert a lot of power when it comes to shopping for back-to-school. And some brands are clear winners in the pester power stakes. Levi's beat Lees hands down when it comes to jeans. The children interviewed felt very strongly about their clothes, with more than half picking out their own jeans. Levis came out on top among almost all kindergartners through to sixth graders.Almost three-quarters of the interviewees claimed to choose which type of trainers they would wear. Nike tops the list of preferred sneakers across the board, although almost a third of sixth graders broke the mould by opting for Adidas. Reebok was nowhere to be seen.Simmons' Kids Study, which is conducted twice a year, reveals the marketplace power of 6-11 year-olds. The research examines the demographics, lifestyle and product preferences, print and media exposure, and personalities that most influence children. It also illustrates the impact that children have on the buying decisions of US households. For more information about Simmons' Kids Study, contact Steve Carnevale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022