CANADA: Sugoi Performance buys apparel firm Sombrio
Dorel Industries-owned firm, Sugoi Performance Apparel, has acquired mountain bike and lifestyle apparel brand Sombrio.
Sugoi said there are a number of synergies resulting from the deal, which was made for an undisclosed sum.
"We've been an admirer of the Sombrio brand for many years, and its addition will provide strong growth momentum for the combined companies," said Sugoi president Kyle Weiner. "This was a natural fit for us and an incredible way to expand our portfolio of apparel, developing free ride, gravity, and lifestyle mountain bike offerings."
Founded in 1998, Sombrio designs and manufactures high performance apparel, outerwear and street wear.
Founder Dave Watson, said: "I welcome the opportunity this acquisition creates as well as the boost Sombrio will see in future products and improving relationships in our market. Our brand will drive innovation with some of the best athletes and creative minded individuals in the two wheel space."
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- TAL Group improves pre-production efficiency
- Philippines gets go-head for EU GSP+ benefits
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details