CANADA: Sugoi Performance buys apparel firm Sombrio
Dorel Industries-owned firm, Sugoi Performance Apparel, has acquired mountain bike and lifestyle apparel brand Sombrio.
Sugoi said there are a number of synergies resulting from the deal, which was made for an undisclosed sum.
"We've been an admirer of the Sombrio brand for many years, and its addition will provide strong growth momentum for the combined companies," said Sugoi president Kyle Weiner. "This was a natural fit for us and an incredible way to expand our portfolio of apparel, developing free ride, gravity, and lifestyle mountain bike offerings."
Founded in 1998, Sombrio designs and manufactures high performance apparel, outerwear and street wear.
Founder Dave Watson, said: "I welcome the opportunity this acquisition creates as well as the boost Sombrio will see in future products and improving relationships in our market. Our brand will drive innovation with some of the best athletes and creative minded individuals in the two wheel space."
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy