CANADA: Sugoi Performance buys apparel firm Sombrio
Dorel Industries-owned firm, Sugoi Performance Apparel, has acquired mountain bike and lifestyle apparel brand Sombrio.
Sugoi said there are a number of synergies resulting from the deal, which was made for an undisclosed sum.
"We've been an admirer of the Sombrio brand for many years, and its addition will provide strong growth momentum for the combined companies," said Sugoi president Kyle Weiner. "This was a natural fit for us and an incredible way to expand our portfolio of apparel, developing free ride, gravity, and lifestyle mountain bike offerings."
Founded in 1998, Sombrio designs and manufactures high performance apparel, outerwear and street wear.
Founder Dave Watson, said: "I welcome the opportunity this acquisition creates as well as the boost Sombrio will see in future products and improving relationships in our market. Our brand will drive innovation with some of the best athletes and creative minded individuals in the two wheel space."
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Oxford, G-III, Shoe Carnival
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020