CANADA: Sugoi Performance buys apparel firm Sombrio
Dorel Industries-owned firm, Sugoi Performance Apparel, has acquired mountain bike and lifestyle apparel brand Sombrio.
Sugoi said there are a number of synergies resulting from the deal, which was made for an undisclosed sum.
"We've been an admirer of the Sombrio brand for many years, and its addition will provide strong growth momentum for the combined companies," said Sugoi president Kyle Weiner. "This was a natural fit for us and an incredible way to expand our portfolio of apparel, developing free ride, gravity, and lifestyle mountain bike offerings."
Founded in 1998, Sombrio designs and manufactures high performance apparel, outerwear and street wear.
Founder Dave Watson, said: "I welcome the opportunity this acquisition creates as well as the boost Sombrio will see in future products and improving relationships in our market. Our brand will drive innovation with some of the best athletes and creative minded individuals in the two wheel space."
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras