CANADA: Sugoi Performance buys apparel firm Sombrio
Dorel Industries-owned firm, Sugoi Performance Apparel, has acquired mountain bike and lifestyle apparel brand Sombrio.
Sugoi said there are a number of synergies resulting from the deal, which was made for an undisclosed sum.
"We've been an admirer of the Sombrio brand for many years, and its addition will provide strong growth momentum for the combined companies," said Sugoi president Kyle Weiner. "This was a natural fit for us and an incredible way to expand our portfolio of apparel, developing free ride, gravity, and lifestyle mountain bike offerings."
Founded in 1998, Sombrio designs and manufactures high performance apparel, outerwear and street wear.
Founder Dave Watson, said: "I welcome the opportunity this acquisition creates as well as the boost Sombrio will see in future products and improving relationships in our market. Our brand will drive innovation with some of the best athletes and creative minded individuals in the two wheel space."
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Clothing and cotton still on child labour list
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- M&S edit highlights ethically sourced fashion
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields