UK: Summit to discuss retail supply chain challenges
The Retail Week Supply Chain Summit features a keynote presentation by Wal-Mart's senior director of global supply chain initiatives, Jim Stanway, on cost savings and sustainability in the supply chain. And Nike's Russian operations director, Klaas Nicolai will discuss supply chain flexibility in emerging retail markets.
There will also be sessions on the economic outlook and its effect on the supply chain, adapting supply chains for a multichannel world, and squeezing margins to accommodate spiralling costs.
The summit will be held on 15-16 May at the Radisson Blu Hotel Portman in London. For more information click here.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
The UK's largest clothing retailer, Marks & Spencer is seeing its clothing supply base shift away from the Far East as it looks to increase speed to market after facing a series of replenishment issue...
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
More than 120 international apparel brands and retailers have now pledged to ban the use of cotton from Uzbekistan as part of efforts to stop the country using forced and child labor to harvest its co...
Top stories on just-style this week included a look at how M&S is seeing its supply base shift out of China, Macy's third-quarter results, and a look at the state of UK textile manufacturing. ...
Opportunities to source textiles, apparel and footwear from Africa are the focus of a special event taking place in Cape Town next year, which brings together producers from more than a dozen sub-Saha...
Bangladesh's woven garment exports grew by nearly 10% in the first quarter of the current fiscal year despite the economic slowdown in the European Union (EU) and the US....
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
Retailer Marks & Spencer has seen its first-half pre-tax profit fall by nearly 10% on declining general merchandise sales, which include clothing and footwear. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015