UK: Summit to discuss retail supply chain challenges
The Retail Week Supply Chain Summit features a keynote presentation by Wal-Mart's senior director of global supply chain initiatives, Jim Stanway, on cost savings and sustainability in the supply chain. And Nike's Russian operations director, Klaas Nicolai will discuss supply chain flexibility in emerging retail markets.
There will also be sessions on the economic outlook and its effect on the supply chain, adapting supply chains for a multichannel world, and squeezing margins to accommodate spiralling costs.
The summit will be held on 15-16 May at the Radisson Blu Hotel Portman in London. For more information click here.
The UK's largest clothing retailer, Marks & Spencer is seeing its clothing supply base shift away from the Far East as it looks to increase speed to market after facing a series of replenishment issue...
Wal-Mart Brazil: Consumer Profile is the result of Canadean’s extensive online consumer survey Wal-Mart in Brazil, presenting uniquely detailed data on Wal-Mart’s end-consumers. It provides retailer p...
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Global Retailing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contai...
More than 120 international apparel brands and retailers have now pledged to ban the use of cotton from Uzbekistan as part of efforts to stop the country using forced and child labor to harvest its co...
Top stories on just-style this week included a look at how M&S is seeing its supply base shift out of China, Macy's third-quarter results, and a look at the state of UK textile manufacturing. ...
Opportunities to source textiles, apparel and footwear from Africa are the focus of a special event taking place in Cape Town next year, which brings together producers from more than a dozen sub-Saha...
Bangladesh's woven garment exports grew by nearly 10% in the first quarter of the current fiscal year despite the economic slowdown in the European Union (EU) and the US....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy