UK: Summit to discuss retail supply chain challenges
The Retail Week Supply Chain Summit features a keynote presentation by Wal-Mart's senior director of global supply chain initiatives, Jim Stanway, on cost savings and sustainability in the supply chain. And Nike's Russian operations director, Klaas Nicolai will discuss supply chain flexibility in emerging retail markets.
There will also be sessions on the economic outlook and its effect on the supply chain, adapting supply chains for a multichannel world, and squeezing margins to accommodate spiralling costs.
The summit will be held on 15-16 May at the Radisson Blu Hotel Portman in London. For more information click here.
The UK's largest clothing retailer, Marks & Spencer is seeing its clothing supply base shift away from the Far East as it looks to increase speed to market after facing a series of replenishment issue...
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
More than 120 international apparel brands and retailers have now pledged to ban the use of cotton from Uzbekistan as part of efforts to stop the country using forced and child labor to harvest its co...
Top stories on just-style this week included a look at how M&S is seeing its supply base shift out of China, Macy's third-quarter results, and a look at the state of UK textile manufacturing. ...
Opportunities to source textiles, apparel and footwear from Africa are the focus of a special event taking place in Cape Town next year, which brings together producers from more than a dozen sub-Saha...
Bangladesh's woven garment exports grew by nearly 10% in the first quarter of the current fiscal year despite the economic slowdown in the European Union (EU) and the US....
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
Retailer Marks & Spencer has seen its first-half pre-tax profit fall by nearly 10% on declining general merchandise sales, which include clothing and footwear. ...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019