UK: Summit to discuss retail supply chain challenges
The Retail Week Supply Chain Summit features a keynote presentation by Wal-Mart's senior director of global supply chain initiatives, Jim Stanway, on cost savings and sustainability in the supply chain. And Nike's Russian operations director, Klaas Nicolai will discuss supply chain flexibility in emerging retail markets.
There will also be sessions on the economic outlook and its effect on the supply chain, adapting supply chains for a multichannel world, and squeezing margins to accommodate spiralling costs.
The summit will be held on 15-16 May at the Radisson Blu Hotel Portman in London. For more information click here.
The UK's largest clothing retailer, Marks & Spencer is seeing its clothing supply base shift away from the Far East as it looks to increase speed to market after facing a series of replenishment issue...
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
More than 120 international apparel brands and retailers have now pledged to ban the use of cotton from Uzbekistan as part of efforts to stop the country using forced and child labor to harvest its co...
Top stories on just-style this week included a look at how M&S is seeing its supply base shift out of China, Macy's third-quarter results, and a look at the state of UK textile manufacturing. ...
Opportunities to source textiles, apparel and footwear from Africa are the focus of a special event taking place in Cape Town next year, which brings together producers from more than a dozen sub-Saha...
Bangladesh's woven garment exports grew by nearly 10% in the first quarter of the current fiscal year despite the economic slowdown in the European Union (EU) and the US....
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
Retailer Marks & Spencer has seen its first-half pre-tax profit fall by nearly 10% on declining general merchandise sales, which include clothing and footwear. ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details