TURKEY: Sun Tekstil Eyes European Market
Turkish ready-to-wear manufacturer Sun Tekstil is in partnership talks with a German and a UK company amid plans that it intends to expand further into European markets. The business, which produces apparel for Tommy Hilfiger and Puma, already has three stores outside Turkey. Sun Tekstil, which is part of the Turkish textile group Ekoten, also plans to invest $2.0 million in increasing its capacity by the end of 2001. This year, the company expects to see exports rise 20 per cent over 2000, to $2.1 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"