UK: Supergroup issues buoyant FY trading update
SuperGroup has issued an updated trading statement today (12 May) for the 52 weeks ending 2 May 2010.
The Superdry brand owner said total group sales rose 83% to GBP139m (US$208m), while retail numbers grew 75% to GBP85m. Wholesale sales increased 98% to GBP54m.
The company is forecasting profit before tax of not less than GBP25.7m, which it says remains unchanged in line with the prospectus.
"The momentum of growth has continued both in the UK and abroad," said SuperGroup CEO Julian Dunkerton.
"Recent store openings have confirmed the success of the new store design and internationally we go from strength to strength."
SuperGroup will announce its financial results for the year on 15 July.
The group trades from 43 stand-alone stores in the UK, and from 56 concessions in House of Fraser, while the wholesale business operates in the UK and to 33 countries internationally.
SuperGroup recently unveiled its heavily-oversubscribed IPO valuing the SurfCo California and 77Breed owner at around GBP395m (US$590m).
Rising sales of fashion accessories and own brands helped department store operator House of Fraser to a 22% increase in first-half earnings, with sales up 5.5%....
UK department store chain House of Fraser has revealed British model Daisy Lowe as the face of its new Biba brand collection. ...
Trade fashion event Pure London has joined forces with French trade show Who's Next and Premiere Classe to host a buying event in Dubai....
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- UK retailers key to domestic manufacturing growth
- Can supplier ratings reform purchasing practices?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL
- C&A steps up sustainability at top-rated suppliers