UK: SuperGroup reshuffles board with new appointments
Clothing retailer SuperGroup has today (20 March) appointed Susanne Given to the newly created role as chief operating officer and Shaun Wills as chief financial officer.
Given, who most recently served as director of fashion and beauty at John Lewis, will join the company on 10 April.
Wills replaces Chas Howes, who is staying with the company but transitioning to a "less demanding" role. Wills previously served as COO at Habitat, has worked at clothing retailers Fat Face and New Look, and will join on 23 April.
"Susanne's appointment will allow Julian Dunkerton the space and time to focus on the development of the Superdry brand and our product," said SuperGroup chairman Peter Bamford.
Highlights from just-style's research store this week include a look at apparel sourcing in Asia, company profiles with consumer insights for Primark and TK Maxx, and a report on the top 750 men's clo...
Department store and supermarket operator John Lewis Partnership Plc has seen its first-half pre-tax profits soar by nearly 60%, as revenues rose on the back of events such as the diamond jubilee and ...
John Lewis has teamed up with British designer Alice Temperely to launch an exclusive clothing and accessories collection....
UK retailer Marks & Spencer has announced a series of changes to its general merchandise team following the appointment of John Dixon as executive director of general merchandise. ...
M&S has declined to comment on reports Stephanie Chen, executive director of women's wear, lingerie and fashion accessories at House of Fraser, is joining the UK retailer....
Department store retailer John Lewis today (3 August) described a 12.9% rise in first-half sales as "hugely encouraging". ...
Designer department store chain Lane Crawford has announced two newly-created senior management appointments to drive the company's omni-channel growth strategy....
Ten high street retailers have backed new guidelines to prevent the sale and marketing of provocative and sexually-suggestive children's clothing in Ireland....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024