INDIA: Supergroup teams with Reliance to enter India
UK clothing company Supergroup has entered into an exclusive long-term franchise agreement with Reliance Brands to launch the Superdry brand in India.
"India has been one of the key territories targeted for development by SuperGroup, and this announcement follows many months of research into the long term potential of this market," said Theo Karpathios, CEO of SuperGroup's wholesale and international division.
"Reliance resonates a great synergy with our brand and lifestyle, with their vision for Superdry being closest to our own."
Meanwhile, Darshan Mehta, president and CEO of Reliance Brands, added: "Capturing elements of both preppy and street wear design with a subtle combination of vintage Americana and Japanese imagery, Superdry has given birth to a whole new genre of fashion that will find wide appeal amongst the growing numbers of aspirational Indian fashion consumers."
Supergroup has 81 standalone stores in the UK and Ireland, as well as 130 stores across mainland Europe, the US, South America, Australia and the Middle East.
US surfwear brand Quiksilver has named Andy Mooney as president and CEO, succeeding co-founder Bob McKnight, who has been named executive chairman....
Surfwear brand Quiksliver has seen its fourth quarter net income plunge 95% after clearance sales and promotions ate into margins and offset a rise in sales....
A number of major clothing brands have been accused of "fuelling modern-day slavery" through their failure to address child and forced labour in their supply chains, according to a report released by ...
Footwear and accessories maker Steve Madden has today (1 November) seen its third-quarter net profit rise on the back of double-digit sales growth and improved margins....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)