INDIA: Supergroup teams with Reliance to enter India
UK clothing company Supergroup has entered into an exclusive long-term franchise agreement with Reliance Brands to launch the Superdry brand in India.
"India has been one of the key territories targeted for development by SuperGroup, and this announcement follows many months of research into the long term potential of this market," said Theo Karpathios, CEO of SuperGroup's wholesale and international division.
"Reliance resonates a great synergy with our brand and lifestyle, with their vision for Superdry being closest to our own."
Meanwhile, Darshan Mehta, president and CEO of Reliance Brands, added: "Capturing elements of both preppy and street wear design with a subtle combination of vintage Americana and Japanese imagery, Superdry has given birth to a whole new genre of fashion that will find wide appeal amongst the growing numbers of aspirational Indian fashion consumers."
Supergroup has 81 standalone stores in the UK and Ireland, as well as 130 stores across mainland Europe, the US, South America, Australia and the Middle East.
US surfwear brand Quiksilver has named Andy Mooney as president and CEO, succeeding co-founder Bob McKnight, who has been named executive chairman....
Surfwear brand Quiksliver has seen its fourth quarter net income plunge 95% after clearance sales and promotions ate into margins and offset a rise in sales....
A number of major clothing brands have been accused of "fuelling modern-day slavery" through their failure to address child and forced labour in their supply chains, according to a report released by ...
Footwear and accessories maker Steve Madden has today (1 November) seen its third-quarter net profit rise on the back of double-digit sales growth and improved margins....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019