US: Superior Uniform Q2 earnings and sales climb
- Q2 earnings reach US$3.9m
- Sales soar 72% to $53.2m
Career and workwear manufacturer Superior Uniform Group saw both earning and sales climb in its second-quarter.
In the three months to the end of June, net profit reached US$3.9m. This compared to earnings of $1.4m in the prior year period.
Sales soared 72% to $53.2m from revenues of $30.9m in the comparable period last year.
"Obviously, several factors came together and were well aligned at the same time in order for us to deliver stellar results of this magnitude," said CEO Michael Benstock. "While this level of earnings is not to be expected each quarter, our overall backlog in the uniforms and 'related products' segment remains very strong and we expect to continue to report strong earnings in this segment as we move forward.
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis