US: Superior Uniform Q2 earnings and sales climb
- Q2 earnings reach US$3.9m
- Sales soar 72% to $53.2m
Career and workwear manufacturer Superior Uniform Group saw both earning and sales climb in its second-quarter.
In the three months to the end of June, net profit reached US$3.9m. This compared to earnings of $1.4m in the prior year period.
Sales soared 72% to $53.2m from revenues of $30.9m in the comparable period last year.
"Obviously, several factors came together and were well aligned at the same time in order for us to deliver stellar results of this magnitude," said CEO Michael Benstock. "While this level of earnings is not to be expected each quarter, our overall backlog in the uniforms and 'related products' segment remains very strong and we expect to continue to report strong earnings in this segment as we move forward.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019