USA: Supply Chain Management Expert Joins SupplyChainge
SupplyChainge, a provider of integrated process and software solutions in supply chain management for the retailing industry, has appointed Warren H Hausman, professor of operations management in the Department of Management Science and Engineering at Stanford University, to its board of directors. Dr Hausman is widely regarded as one of the world's leading experts in the fields of supply chain management (SCM) and operations management.
"We couldn't be more pleased with Warren's decision to join our board. He brings a wealth of insight, experience and technical expertise that is unmatched in the industry," said John S Thorbeck, co-founder and chief executive officer of SupplyChainge. "A long-time supporter of SupplyChainge's SCM approach, Warren will help set new standards of technical excellence for an industry that recognises the profit potential in its global supply chain, but is struggling to get there," he added.
Dr Hausman's accomplishments include establishing the leading two-day executive seminar on integrated supply chain management, held twice a year in Palo Alto, CA, and spearheading, with his Stanford faculty colleagues, the development of Stanford's graduate courses in supply chain management. He is also a key faculty member of the Stanford Global Supply Chain Forum and a partner in a new venture to bring e-learning to supply chain education. In addition, he serves on the advisory councils of a number of Silicon Valley start-ups.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack