US: Support doubles for responsibly-produced cotton scheme
The number of textile companies from the US, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Europe that have signed up to new programme that supplies responsibly-produced cotton has now more than doubled.
Two months on, and more than 60 textile companies have now formally signed up to the Cotton Leads programme.
"The Cotton Leads partners are very encouraged by the strong take-up of signatory companies to the programme," said Cotton Australia CEO, Adam Kay. "The swift adoption of the programme underlines the strong global demand for cotton that is recognised as responsibly produced."
The initiative is designed to raise awareness of the responsible growing practices of cotton growers in the US and Australia.
It promotes continuous improvement in farm production, environmental stewardship and the dissemination of best practices information broadly throughout the world's cotton producing countries.
Combined, Cotton Leads cotton is said to account for roughly 17% of global production.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
The Intimate Apparel market in the US comprises of intimate apparel for both men and women. Intimate apparel products include underwear, bra, panty, sleepwear, daywear, and shapewear....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
Fruit of the Loom has agreed a deal with Parkdale America that will see it sell its US yarn spinning operations to the company which will then provide new state-of-the-art cotton and cotton blended ya...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020