US: Support doubles for responsibly-produced cotton scheme
The number of textile companies from the US, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Europe that have signed up to new programme that supplies responsibly-produced cotton has now more than doubled.
Two months on, and more than 60 textile companies have now formally signed up to the Cotton Leads programme.
"The Cotton Leads partners are very encouraged by the strong take-up of signatory companies to the programme," said Cotton Australia CEO, Adam Kay. "The swift adoption of the programme underlines the strong global demand for cotton that is recognised as responsibly produced."
The initiative is designed to raise awareness of the responsible growing practices of cotton growers in the US and Australia.
It promotes continuous improvement in farm production, environmental stewardship and the dissemination of best practices information broadly throughout the world's cotton producing countries.
Combined, Cotton Leads cotton is said to account for roughly 17% of global production.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Plimsoll Publishing’s CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the to...
China textile clothing, shoes, hat manufacturing industry, 2013 is valuable for anyone who wants to invest in the textile clothing, shoes, hat manufacturing industry, to get Chinese investments; to im...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry