US: Support doubles for responsibly-produced cotton scheme
The number of textile companies from the US, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Europe that have signed up to new programme that supplies responsibly-produced cotton has now more than doubled.
Two months on, and more than 60 textile companies have now formally signed up to the Cotton Leads programme.
"The Cotton Leads partners are very encouraged by the strong take-up of signatory companies to the programme," said Cotton Australia CEO, Adam Kay. "The swift adoption of the programme underlines the strong global demand for cotton that is recognised as responsibly produced."
The initiative is designed to raise awareness of the responsible growing practices of cotton growers in the US and Australia.
It promotes continuous improvement in farm production, environmental stewardship and the dissemination of best practices information broadly throughout the world's cotton producing countries.
Combined, Cotton Leads cotton is said to account for roughly 17% of global production.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
The Intimate Apparel market in the US comprises of intimate apparel for both men and women. Intimate apparel products include underwear, bra, panty, sleepwear, daywear, and shapewear....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Supply chain focus for Puma sustainability targets
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis