US: Support doubles for responsibly-produced cotton scheme
The number of textile companies from the US, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Europe that have signed up to new programme that supplies responsibly-produced cotton has now more than doubled.
Two months on, and more than 60 textile companies have now formally signed up to the Cotton Leads programme.
"The Cotton Leads partners are very encouraged by the strong take-up of signatory companies to the programme," said Cotton Australia CEO, Adam Kay. "The swift adoption of the programme underlines the strong global demand for cotton that is recognised as responsibly produced."
The initiative is designed to raise awareness of the responsible growing practices of cotton growers in the US and Australia.
It promotes continuous improvement in farm production, environmental stewardship and the dissemination of best practices information broadly throughout the world's cotton producing countries.
Combined, Cotton Leads cotton is said to account for roughly 17% of global production.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
More than 150 companies have now signed the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in April last year, which killed more than 1,...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Apparel manufacturer Fruit of the Loom is to lay off more than 600 workers with the closure of its facility in Jamestown, Kentucky....
Plimsoll Publishing’s CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the to...
A new programme set up by the Australian and US cotton industry to supply responsibly-produced cotton is continuing to gain interest amongst global textile businesses....
China textile clothing, shoes, hat manufacturing industry, 2013 is valuable for anyone who wants to invest in the textile clothing, shoes, hat manufacturing industry, to get Chinese investments; to im...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Declining sales push Coldwater Creek to bankruptcy
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects