UK: Surgical gown manufacturer awarded for innovation
A Scottish company participating in the development of a new European standard for surgical gowns and drapes as medical devices has won a top award in the Made-Up Textile Association (MUTA) Industry Awards 2000.The MUTA Industry Awards were set up to recognize innovation and excellence in the UK's industrial and technical textiles industry. Lojigma International Ltd of Donibristle Industrial Park in Fife was judged the winner of the Re-usable Healthcare Textile Association Section.Over the past 15 years Lojigma International has been involved internationally, working with clinicians in hospitals and rental laundries in Europe and North America. Based on its clinical research in orthopaedic surgery using Rotecno medical fabric gowns and drapes, to date more than 40 million Rotecno medical fabric gowns have been used in Europe, North America and the Far East.Judges looked for the MUTA member company that has made the most significant contribution to the industry. They noted the company's strong involvement in British and European standards-setting committees and its participation towards the development of test methods for European CEN standards.This is the first ever awards scheme run by MUTA, the trade association which represents the UK's leading companies involved in such areas as industrial textiles, marquee manufacture and hire, fabric coating and proofing, and re-usable healthcare fabric products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022