UK: Surgical gown manufacturer awarded for innovation
A Scottish company participating in the development of a new European standard for surgical gowns and drapes as medical devices has won a top award in the Made-Up Textile Association (MUTA) Industry Awards 2000.The MUTA Industry Awards were set up to recognize innovation and excellence in the UK's industrial and technical textiles industry. Lojigma International Ltd of Donibristle Industrial Park in Fife was judged the winner of the Re-usable Healthcare Textile Association Section.Over the past 15 years Lojigma International has been involved internationally, working with clinicians in hospitals and rental laundries in Europe and North America. Based on its clinical research in orthopaedic surgery using Rotecno medical fabric gowns and drapes, to date more than 40 million Rotecno medical fabric gowns have been used in Europe, North America and the Far East.Judges looked for the MUTA member company that has made the most significant contribution to the industry. They noted the company's strong involvement in British and European standards-setting committees and its participation towards the development of test methods for European CEN standards.This is the first ever awards scheme run by MUTA, the trade association which represents the UK's leading companies involved in such areas as industrial textiles, marquee manufacture and hire, fabric coating and proofing, and re-usable healthcare fabric products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022