UK: Surgical gown manufacturer awarded for innovation
A Scottish company participating in the development of a new European standard for surgical gowns and drapes as medical devices has won a top award in the Made-Up Textile Association (MUTA) Industry Awards 2000.The MUTA Industry Awards were set up to recognize innovation and excellence in the UK's industrial and technical textiles industry. Lojigma International Ltd of Donibristle Industrial Park in Fife was judged the winner of the Re-usable Healthcare Textile Association Section.Over the past 15 years Lojigma International has been involved internationally, working with clinicians in hospitals and rental laundries in Europe and North America. Based on its clinical research in orthopaedic surgery using Rotecno medical fabric gowns and drapes, to date more than 40 million Rotecno medical fabric gowns have been used in Europe, North America and the Far East.Judges looked for the MUTA member company that has made the most significant contribution to the industry. They noted the company's strong involvement in British and European standards-setting committees and its participation towards the development of test methods for European CEN standards.This is the first ever awards scheme run by MUTA, the trade association which represents the UK's leading companies involved in such areas as industrial textiles, marquee manufacture and hire, fabric coating and proofing, and re-usable healthcare fabric products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack