USA: Sweater Firm Hampshire Posts Jump In Q1 Sales
Sweater maker Hampshire Group Ltd on Wednesday posted a slight rise in first quarter net profit to $1.1 million on the back of a better-than-expected rise in sales to $51.2m from $42.9m in the year-ago period. The South Carolina-based firm said although net sales exceeded expectations, gross margins were lower because of a difficult retail market and additional costs due to the replacement of a major supplier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again