US: Swimsuit line claimed to cover over-40s' flaws
New company Flaw-Less Designs said it would launch a "revolutionary line of swimsuits" that will help over-40s look more flawless.
Founder Bernadette DiFrancesco said the swimsuit, Ms Bzz Swim & Go, is aimed at the so-called Baby Boomer market.
"Because a woman's body changes as she gets older, the Ms Bzz Swim & Go patent-pending swimsuit is the answer for women over 40," DiFrancesco said.
"Baby Boomer women, which represent about 40m women between the ages of 42 and 60 in the US, are the greatest market opportunity today.
"But female Baby Boomers are still underserved and I believe that there is tremendous potential for Flaw-Less Designs. Our object for the brand is to concentrate all our energies on our target market - it will not be a sideline or brand extension for us."
According to DiFrancesco, the targeted age group knows what it wants and has the means to buy it.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020