GERMANY: Sympatex plots technical textiles expansion
Specialist materials supplier Sympatex Technologies has unveiled plans to expand its technical textiles division, with the aim of developing innovative new products and applications.
Stefan Brandt, who is in charge of the company's technical applications division Tection, as well as its footwear business, will solely focus on the Tection unit by taking on the role of manager from 1 February.
Monica Billes will be in charge of Sympatex's footwear business, which she previously managed until mid-2012. All four divisions will be led by independent area managers.
"By expanding our forward-looking business area Tection, we take account of the increasing importance of technical textiles worldwide," said Sympatex Technologies CEO Michael Kamm. "We focus on establishing the Tection area as another important field of activity for the company."
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands sourcing to cut Pacific Brands costs
- Why China makers are moving out or moving online
- Multiple country choices require complex decisions
- Apparel manufacturing hubs vying for business
- Li & Fung divests Asia distribution business
- US looks to boost trade with Sri Lanka
- Vietnam textile sector calls for strategy update
- Aeropostale to close 154 stores amid bankruptucy
- US Q1 in brief: Wolverine Worldwide, Weyco