GERMANY: Sympatex plots technical textiles expansion
Specialist materials supplier Sympatex Technologies has unveiled plans to expand its technical textiles division, with the aim of developing innovative new products and applications.
Stefan Brandt, who is in charge of the company's technical applications division Tection, as well as its footwear business, will solely focus on the Tection unit by taking on the role of manager from 1 February.
Monica Billes will be in charge of Sympatex's footwear business, which she previously managed until mid-2012. All four divisions will be led by independent area managers.
"By expanding our forward-looking business area Tection, we take account of the increasing importance of technical textiles worldwide," said Sympatex Technologies CEO Michael Kamm. "We focus on establishing the Tection area as another important field of activity for the company."
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot