GERMANY: Sympatex plots technical textiles expansion
Specialist materials supplier Sympatex Technologies has unveiled plans to expand its technical textiles division, with the aim of developing innovative new products and applications.
Stefan Brandt, who is in charge of the company's technical applications division Tection, as well as its footwear business, will solely focus on the Tection unit by taking on the role of manager from 1 February.
Monica Billes will be in charge of Sympatex's footwear business, which she previously managed until mid-2012. All four divisions will be led by independent area managers.
"By expanding our forward-looking business area Tection, we take account of the increasing importance of technical textiles worldwide," said Sympatex Technologies CEO Michael Kamm. "We focus on establishing the Tection area as another important field of activity for the company."
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide