GERMANY: Sympatex plots technical textiles expansion
Specialist materials supplier Sympatex Technologies has unveiled plans to expand its technical textiles division, with the aim of developing innovative new products and applications.
Stefan Brandt, who is in charge of the company's technical applications division Tection, as well as its footwear business, will solely focus on the Tection unit by taking on the role of manager from 1 February.
Monica Billes will be in charge of Sympatex's footwear business, which she previously managed until mid-2012. All four divisions will be led by independent area managers.
"By expanding our forward-looking business area Tection, we take account of the increasing importance of technical textiles worldwide," said Sympatex Technologies CEO Michael Kamm. "We focus on establishing the Tection area as another important field of activity for the company."
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019