GERMANY: Sympatex plots technical textiles expansion
Specialist materials supplier Sympatex Technologies has unveiled plans to expand its technical textiles division, with the aim of developing innovative new products and applications.
Stefan Brandt, who is in charge of the company's technical applications division Tection, as well as its footwear business, will solely focus on the Tection unit by taking on the role of manager from 1 February.
Monica Billes will be in charge of Sympatex's footwear business, which she previously managed until mid-2012. All four divisions will be led by independent area managers.
"By expanding our forward-looking business area Tection, we take account of the increasing importance of technical textiles worldwide," said Sympatex Technologies CEO Michael Kamm. "We focus on establishing the Tection area as another important field of activity for the company."
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie