UK: Syscom Evolves With New E-business Offering
Syscom Plc, an ERP software specialist in the textile sector and a Progress Partner since 1992, has introduced a new application using WebClient, the latest Progress enhancement for thin client applications over the web. Darwin is the new name for Syscom's specialist manufacturing and supply chain management package Systex, and, according to the company, it can now be deployed in any way the customer chooses."Systex for the textile industry was developed in the early 90s and is still winning new business, but we were conscious of the need to invest again in a product to last for at least the next 10 years," explained John Moses, managing director of Syscom. "We wanted to capture the knowledge and experience that has been ploughed back into Systex, but re-architect the application to exploit new technology advances such as thin client and ASP."Web Client runs independent of a browser, and can be downloaded to any PC with an Internet connection. Once installed, the customer can access the application by clicking on a URL.According to Syscom's product development manager John McAlinden: "Darwin handles the the rise in composite and B2B applications where transactions talk across many applications - some even external to an organisation. It is ready to meet the demand for ASP delivery and e-business solutions such as customer self-service".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report