FRANCE: Systeme U to roll out Centric PLM system
French hypermarket operator Systeme U is set to roll out Centric Software's PLM system to help manage the growth of its private-label apparel lines.
The company will implement the calendar management, product sourcing, product specification and quality management modules of the Centric 8 PLM system.
It will use the software to manage product development of its accessories, footwear, youth products and home linens collections, as well as women's, men's and children's apparel lines.
"With everyone using one version of ‘the truth' about the product, and working on the same page, Système U can increase efficiency of the product development process, speed time to market and improve product traceability," said Yohann Boisdron, merchandise applications director of Systeme U.
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
The challenges of working out whether textiles are sourced, produced or manufactured ethically are magnified by the plethora of eco-labelling schemes that apply to the industry....
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
ITC Infotech has launched a software solution that helps companies to predict which styles and attributes are most popular with customers, helping designers to predict trends. ...
The latest release of NGC Software's PLM, supply chain management (SCM) and ERP solutions is said to bring "new accuracy and efficiency" to all areas of product development and supply chain execution....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change