FRANCE: Systeme U to roll out Centric PLM system
French hypermarket operator Systeme U is set to roll out Centric Software's PLM system to help manage the growth of its private-label apparel lines.
The company will implement the calendar management, product sourcing, product specification and quality management modules of the Centric 8 PLM system.
It will use the software to manage product development of its accessories, footwear, youth products and home linens collections, as well as women's, men's and children's apparel lines.
"With everyone using one version of ‘the truth' about the product, and working on the same page, Système U can increase efficiency of the product development process, speed time to market and improve product traceability," said Yohann Boisdron, merchandise applications director of Systeme U.
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
The challenges of working out whether textiles are sourced, produced or manufactured ethically are magnified by the plethora of eco-labelling schemes that apply to the industry....
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
ITC Infotech has launched a software solution that helps companies to predict which styles and attributes are most popular with customers, helping designers to predict trends. ...
The latest release of NGC Software's PLM, supply chain management (SCM) and ERP solutions is said to bring "new accuracy and efficiency" to all areas of product development and supply chain execution....
The Kersheh Group, owner of the Jelli Fish Kids and Vayola sleepwear brands, is implementing the Visual PLM.net solution from Visual 2000 International to help its teams and suppliers make better info...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015