US: TA Associates buys fashion brand owner Dutch
Private equity firm TA Associates has taken a majority 60% stake in Dutch LLC, the parent company of upmarket contemporary fashion brands Joie, Equipment and Current/Elliott.
"With the recent addition of e-commerce and company-owned retail boutiques, we believe that the Dutch brands are well positioned to become leading lifestyle brands in the contemporary segment," said James Hart, a principal at TA Associates who will join the company's board of directors.
"In this partnership, we are looking to support the growth of the Dutch brand portfolio and work with the long-time management team and retail and distribution partners to continue increasing the brands' footprints, collections and overall profile in the marketplace."
The Dutch company has experienced in excess of 30% revenue and profit growth each year over the last five years, with its brands sold in more than 2,000 stores in 75 countries.
"Dutch has developed partnerships with the most prestigious department stores and specialty shops worldwide and we look forward to maintaining and helping grow these relationships further," Hart added.
Serge Azria, CEO and creative director of Dutch LLC, will remain CEO of Dutch following TA's investment.
Terms of the investment were not disclosed.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis