USA: Tag-It Pacific, Levi Strauss Agree New TekFit Deal
The company said the product allows the waistband to stretch up to an inch for greater comfort and also revealed it has signed a new letter of intent to develop additional waistband applications for Levi Strauss & Co's other product lines.
Tag-It Pacific CEO, Colin Dyne, said: "We are extremely pleased with the initial success of this technology at retail. As we expected, consumers are responding to the clear benefits of this product innovation.
"In addition to the men's casual pant, we believe TekFit has even greater potential in the women's casual pant and the denim market.
"We are working on some extremely exciting applications in these markets which we expect to bring to market soon."
He continued: "This new agreement is the next step on a major expansion of our relationship with Levi Strauss & Co.
"In addition to our waistband product, our trim business has always had a focus on the bottoms segment, and we are particularly well situated to offer an exceptional product range of trim for Levi Strauss & Co, including our Talon brand zipper, labels and other printed marketing materials."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Despite some lacklustre revenues in the recent past, the luxury market is finally booming again. A new report from just-style says the sector is likely to be worth around US$100 billion by 2010 - driv...
After testing new body-scanning technology in the United States, Levi Strauss is now launching the service permanently in its Japanese stores this autumn....
Apparel trim management company Tag It Pacific has named Stephen Forte as its new chief executive officer, with immediate effect. ...
Levi Strauss Europe is renewing an exclusive licensing agreement with DC Company to design, produce, market and distribute a range of footwear and belts for men and women under the Levi's brand label...
Casual clothing brand Dockers is soon to launch onto the Argentine market, Latin America News Digest reported....
SATO Corporation has launched a new line of tag and label printers for apparel labelling, retail tags and hang tags....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022