US: TailorByrd re-launches collection after purchase
Shirt company TailorByrd has been purchased by founder Chris Crowley and his new partner, apparel executive Larry Stemerman.
The company formed a strategic alliance with Shinyei to re-launch the brand and its new collection of men's shirts, which will be available in stores and online in autumn 2009.
"We've been talking to our retail partners these past few months and there's a common theme: 'customers want the original 'Byrd… copycat brands just don't measure up,'" said Crowley, CEO of TailorByrd.
"TailorByrd earned a prime spot in men's closets by dressing them in fashionable, distinctive and really comfortable shirts. This fall, our customers can treat themselves to great shirts at a price point that will be highly appealing to them in this economy."
Crowley's new partner and president of TailorByrd sales and marketing, Larry Stemerman, started People's Place with Tommy Hilfiger.
He was also recently president of Sweetface Fashions which he co-founded with Jennifer Lopez and Andy Hilfiger to launch the JLo brand.
TailorByrd's autumn 2009 collection will focus on woven men's shirts, as will its Holiday and Resort collections this year.
As the European Union considers extending anti-dumping duties on Chinese leather shoes, China's shoe manufacturers are bracing for a further hit to exports. Many have already shifted business away fro...
G-III Apparel Group Ltd is planning to sell shares of its common stock in a public offering to support the growth of its business, including possible acquisitions....
Footwear retail group Collective Brands has reported a 22% fall in third quarter net earnings, despite improving sales during the period....
Fashion label Tommy Hilfiger delivered a 3.5% increase in first half sales, boosted by a surge in retail revenues from its European business....
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre