SOUTH KOREA: Taiwan Takes Lead In Synthetic Fabric Supply
Taiwan is taking over from Korea in the export of synthetic fabrics to China. The widening gap is due to uncompetitive prices, a lack of new products, and Hong Kong's switch to China for synthetic fabrics. Figures presented by the Korea Synthetic Fabric Export and Import Union show that Taiwan and Korea were neck and neck in 1998, both accounting for 44.8% of China's imported synthetic fabric market. However, a June 2001 survey brought the picture up to date. Korea's share of the market has declined to 36.8%, with Taiwan racing ahead to take 63.2%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022