SOUTH KOREA: Taiwan Takes Lead In Synthetic Fabric Supply
Taiwan is taking over from Korea in the export of synthetic fabrics to China. The widening gap is due to uncompetitive prices, a lack of new products, and Hong Kong's switch to China for synthetic fabrics. Figures presented by the Korea Synthetic Fabric Export and Import Union show that Taiwan and Korea were neck and neck in 1998, both accounting for 44.8% of China's imported synthetic fabric market. However, a June 2001 survey brought the picture up to date. Korea's share of the market has declined to 36.8%, with Taiwan racing ahead to take 63.2%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020