GERMANY: Takko Fashion works to improve size and fit
Fashion mannequins based on the results of an extensive SizeGermany national sizing survey are being used by value clothing retailer Takko Fashion to improve the size and fit of its apparel.
The dimensions of the fashion manikins correspond exactly to those in the SizeGermany table of sizes - something which is clearly illustrated by corresponding dimension lines on the manikin itself," explains Michaela Beck, who is responsible for design at Takko Fashion's quality assurance division.
"This means we can ensure - as early as the product development stage - that apparel in a specific size will actually fit our customers later."
The 2009 size survey, carried out by the Hohenstein Institute in partnership with body scanning equipment developer Human Solutions, discovered that consumers in Germany were getting taller and bigger.
The resulting fashion manikins are based on the 3D avatars created from the data. The first available sizes are 36, 38, 42, 46, 50 and 54 for ladies' wear, 50 and 54 for men's wear and 152 and 140 for children's apparel.
Featuring soft inserts in the chest, abdomen, hips and buttocks, the mannequins are available either as full-body, torso or lower body fashion manikins, with optional rotating arms and with a height-adjustable metal stand or head.
Takko Fashion, which has about 1,700 stores in 16 European countries, posted a gross turnover of EUR1.25bn (US$1.59bn) in fiscal 2011/12.
An international database of body shapes in different countries has been expanded to include the body dimensions of babies and toddlers for the first time....
Italy's first serial measurement survey using 3D scanners is underway, with the goal of optimising the size and fit of clothing....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead