US: TAL Group improves productivity with Lawson tool
Leading garment manufacturer TAL Group has rolled out a latest version of the Lawson enterprise software system.
Hong Kong-based TAL, which manufactures men's and women's garments for Liz Claiborne, Brooks Brothers, JCPenney, LL Bean, Giordano, Banana Republic, Uniqlo, and Polo Ralph Lauren, is now using Lawson Smart Office.
The software is helping to improve productivity across its global operations, by helping users personalise their information workspace and bring together enterprise applications, business intelligence, desktop tools, and group collaboration.
TAL launched the system upgrade in Hong Kong, mainland China, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam, starting in May 2009 and going live last month.
Dr Delman Lee, director of technology for TAL, said: "The ability for users to personalise their user experience in Smart Office is a highly effective way to help users work in a more productive and dynamic manner."
The manufacturer has been using the Lawson M3 enterprise software system since 2002 for supply chain management, order management, capacity planning, production planning, inventory management, procurement, vendor managed inventory, material requirements planning, and finance.
"Colombia's clothing and textile industry is one of the largest and most experienced in Latin America, especially with the application of technology in production processes," according to Camila Toled...
US clothing retailer Liz Claiborne is to exit its 87 loss-making outlet stores in the US and Puerto Rico early next year. ...
Australian merino wool growers have launched a new initiative to provide US retailers and brands with visibility into the fibre's supply chain in an attempt to offset concerns about issues such as mul...
Department store retailer John Lewis Partnership is taking a stand against mulesing, according to animal rights group PETA. ...
Liz Claiborne has struck a licensing deal with Future Fashions, a division of Trimera Group, under which Future Fashions will become the licensing partner in the Canadian market for Liz Claiborne appa...
Lawson Software has announced a series of fashion industry seminars in Europe to introduce its latest enterprise system for fashion companies....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019