US: TAL Group improves productivity with Lawson tool
Leading garment manufacturer TAL Group has rolled out a latest version of the Lawson enterprise software system.
Hong Kong-based TAL, which manufactures men's and women's garments for Liz Claiborne, Brooks Brothers, JCPenney, LL Bean, Giordano, Banana Republic, Uniqlo, and Polo Ralph Lauren, is now using Lawson Smart Office.
The software is helping to improve productivity across its global operations, by helping users personalise their information workspace and bring together enterprise applications, business intelligence, desktop tools, and group collaboration.
TAL launched the system upgrade in Hong Kong, mainland China, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam, starting in May 2009 and going live last month.
Dr Delman Lee, director of technology for TAL, said: "The ability for users to personalise their user experience in Smart Office is a highly effective way to help users work in a more productive and dynamic manner."
The manufacturer has been using the Lawson M3 enterprise software system since 2002 for supply chain management, order management, capacity planning, production planning, inventory management, procurement, vendor managed inventory, material requirements planning, and finance.
"Colombia's clothing and textile industry is one of the largest and most experienced in Latin America, especially with the application of technology in production processes," according to Camila Toled...
US clothing retailer Liz Claiborne is to exit its 87 loss-making outlet stores in the US and Puerto Rico early next year. ...
Australian merino wool growers have launched a new initiative to provide US retailers and brands with visibility into the fibre's supply chain in an attempt to offset concerns about issues such as mul...
Department store retailer John Lewis Partnership is taking a stand against mulesing, according to animal rights group PETA. ...
Liz Claiborne has struck a licensing deal with Future Fashions, a division of Trimera Group, under which Future Fashions will become the licensing partner in the Canadian market for Liz Claiborne appa...
Lawson Software has announced a series of fashion industry seminars in Europe to introduce its latest enterprise system for fashion companies....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis