US: TAL Group improves productivity with Lawson tool
Leading garment manufacturer TAL Group has rolled out a latest version of the Lawson enterprise software system.
Hong Kong-based TAL, which manufactures men's and women's garments for Liz Claiborne, Brooks Brothers, JCPenney, LL Bean, Giordano, Banana Republic, Uniqlo, and Polo Ralph Lauren, is now using Lawson Smart Office.
The software is helping to improve productivity across its global operations, by helping users personalise their information workspace and bring together enterprise applications, business intelligence, desktop tools, and group collaboration.
TAL launched the system upgrade in Hong Kong, mainland China, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam, starting in May 2009 and going live last month.
Dr Delman Lee, director of technology for TAL, said: "The ability for users to personalise their user experience in Smart Office is a highly effective way to help users work in a more productive and dynamic manner."
The manufacturer has been using the Lawson M3 enterprise software system since 2002 for supply chain management, order management, capacity planning, production planning, inventory management, procurement, vendor managed inventory, material requirements planning, and finance.
"Colombia's clothing and textile industry is one of the largest and most experienced in Latin America, especially with the application of technology in production processes," according to Camila Toled...
US clothing retailer Liz Claiborne is to exit its 87 loss-making outlet stores in the US and Puerto Rico early next year. ...
Australian merino wool growers have launched a new initiative to provide US retailers and brands with visibility into the fibre's supply chain in an attempt to offset concerns about issues such as mul...
Department store retailer John Lewis Partnership is taking a stand against mulesing, according to animal rights group PETA. ...
Liz Claiborne has struck a licensing deal with Future Fashions, a division of Trimera Group, under which Future Fashions will become the licensing partner in the Canadian market for Liz Claiborne appa...
Lawson Software has announced a series of fashion industry seminars in Europe to introduce its latest enterprise system for fashion companies....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam