US: Talbots grows Q3 sales
Apparel and shoes seller Talbots reported increased sales for the third quarter as all-important same-store sales grew 2.3%.
Total sales in the thirteen-week period were US$568.6m compared to $426.3m last year.
By brand, retail sales were $382.7m for Talbots compared to $362.6m last year, and $77.3m for J Jill, which was acquired in May.
But the company added that Talbots' customer demand moderated in the latter part of October and said J Jill same-store sales were down 6.6%.
Talbots is a specialty retailer and cataloguer of women's, children's and men's apparel, shoes and accessories. It operates 1,351 stores in 47 US states, the District of Columbia, Canada and the UK.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Shares of The Talbots rallied, finishing up 2% for the day Wednesday (7 March), following a steep sell-off after the company announced fourth-quarter profits that were sharply lower but in line with e...
Packaged foods to fashion conglomerate ITC Limited has become what is thought to be the first Indian apparel company to adopt enterprise Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software....
Specialty retailer The Talbots Inc said its chairman, president and CEO Arnold B Zetcher is to quit the company....
Apparel retailer The Talbots Inc has reported sales of $638.0m for the fourth quarter, versus last year's sales of $486.2m, while strengthening its recently acquired J Jill brand....
Vista Global Brands has appointed ex-Gant sales manager Nicholas Bianchini to VP of sales for its licensed Born Menswear line....
Women's wear retailer The Talbots Inc yesterday (9 January) reduced its outlook for the fourth quarter, and cut the number of new store openings planned in 2007....
Pacific Sunwear of California has extended the term of Thomas Kennedy, president of the PacSun division, for one year, until 31 March 2008....
Hilary Chasin has joined The Talbots as senior vice president and chief marketing officer of the J Jill brand. She reports to Philip Kowalczyk, president of J Jill....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022