JAPAN: Talbots losses to hit Aeon figures – reports
Aeon, Japan's second largest retail group, told Reuters that it would record a pre-tax, one-off loss of about JPY19bn (US$200m) linked to its US subsidiary.
That would cut the company's net profit by about JPY7.8bn, eating into projected full-year earnings of JPY11-15bn for the 12 months to February.
Women's apparel retailer Talbots announced earlier this week that it would incur a net charge of US$138m related to the write-down of the assets of its J Jill retail chain.
Talbots is currently trying to sell J Jill in a bid to focus on its core Talbots retail business. It bought J Jill, which operates out of 283 stores, for $517m in 2006.
This year, thousands of retail outlets across the US will shut their doors as companies rationalise their store portfolios in the teeth of the worst recession since the Second World War. But is this a...
Apparel and footwear maker Kenneth Cole Productions has hired Ingo Wilts to the new post of creative director, joining the company at the beginning of August....
Footwear, apparel and accessories maker Kenneth Cole Productions has swung to a first quarter loss after being hit by lower consumer spending and inventory cutbacks at major wholesalers....
Japanese retailer Aeon Co has confirmed to just-style reports in the Japanese press that it plans to close 100 of its casual women's apparel outlets this year as part of ongoing restructuring of its s...
Women's wear retailer The Talbots has named John Kovac as its new senior vice president, chief information officer....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
A slowdown in consumer spending, coupled with losses at its US clothing unit Talbots Inc, have pushed Japanese retailer Aeon Co to a full-year loss....
Retailer The Talbots is nearing a global sourcing deal with Li & Fung and has secured extra funding from its parent company as its fourth quarter losses spiralled to US$136.3m....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020