USA: Talbots Names Robert Sosankin As Senior VP
Retail group The Talbots Inc has named Robert Sosankin to the position of senior vice president, merchandise administration and inventory management.
Sosankin - who replaces Judy O'Keefe, who is retiring in July - will oversee all merchandise planning, control and store distribution functions for the company's misses, petites, women's and accessories and shoes businesses.
Sosankin has over 25 years' experience in merchandise planning and control and was previously senior vice president, planning, allocation and control for Cato Corporation, a specialty retailer of women's and juniors' apparel.
Talbots is a leading national specialty retailer and cataloguer of women's, children's and men's classic apparel, shoes and accessories. The company currently operates 1,051 stores throughout the US, Canada and the UK.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Value women's fashion retailer Cato has appointed Reynolds C Faulkner as the company's new executive vice president, chief financial officer....
Discount clothing retailer The Cato Corporation has appointed Reynolds C Faulkner as its new executive vice president and chief financial officer....
Women's fashion retailer The Cato Corporation posted a strong profits increase despite almost flat sales, the company said....
Retailer and catalogue company Talbots has reported a jump in fourth quarter income. It was not enough, however, for the company to avoid reporting a fall in income for the full year....
Apparel chain Talbots has signed a merger deal to buy all outstanding shares of ladies' wear retailer The J Jill Group for about US$517m....
Michael Moore has resigned from his positions of executive vice president, chief financial officer and director of retailer The Cato Corporation....
Specialty retailer Talbots said poor September sales drove down third-quarter profit by 27 per cent....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective