USA: Talbots Slashes Ad Budget After Attacks
Following the September 11 attacks, Talbot pulled a string of ads on major and cable networks. Spokesman Margery Myers said the move had played a big part in decreasing the company's marketing budget from US$79 million to US$71m.
The company has also reduced catalogue mailshots for the fall season which are "not essential to immediate business". Newspaper and magazine adverts, although affected, will continue to promote clearance sales, she said.
The company is upbeat on fall revenue and cost cutting, expecting to meet Wall Street estimates of 56 cents a share in the third quarter. The company forecast earnings of between 52 and 54 cents a share, also in line with analysts' predictions.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Companies: Talbots Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Retailer and catalogue company Talbots has reported a jump in fourth quarter income. It was not enough, however, for the company to avoid reporting a fall in income for the full year....
Apparel chain Talbots has signed a merger deal to buy all outstanding shares of ladies' wear retailer The J Jill Group for about US$517m....
Specialty retailer Talbots said poor September sales drove down third-quarter profit by 27 per cent....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Private-label apparel company Chico's has announced a set of management promotions and two management additions as part of its continuing effort to position the company for future growth....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' September sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' August sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022