USA: Talbots Suffers Same-Store Sales Slip
Specialty retailer and cataloger of women's classic apparel and shoes, Talbots Inc, on Thursday revealed a worse-than-expected 4.1 per cent slide in August same-store sales partly due to low inventory. The Massachusetts-based operator of 862 stores said in a news release total sales for the four weeks ended August 31 rose one per cent year-on-year to $90 million and reaffirmed its third quarter EPS forecast of 70 cents a share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores