SWITZERLAND: Tally Weijl selects Centric Software PLM solution
Fast fashion retailer Tally Weijl has selected Centric Software for its product lifecycle management (PLM) system to manage the entire product development and sourcing process for all of its apparel, footwear and accessories collections.
Tally Weijl will implement Centric 8 PLM across its design studio and development team in Paris, France and the purchasing and planning team in Basel in Switzerland.
The company has purchased the suite's Business Planning, Product Development, Sourcing, Calendar management and Mobility iPhone & iPad modules.
It will "support our fast, global expansion, where more product lines are added during every season and more stores are opened in more locations," explained Beat Grüring, co-founder of Tally Weijl.
The international label designs, produces and sells fashion for young women and girls in its own stores. It is represented worldwide in 31 countries with over 760 stores and in 2011 generated sales of EUR515m (US$667m).
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? Using technology to help mitigate risk in the supply chain, automating data capture, and greater collaboration and i...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has promoted Fabrice Canonge to vice president and general manager for its European operations....
The Visual PLM.net product lifecycle management software will be available to fashion and softgoods retailers and manufacturers in Europe through a distribution deal agreed with K3 Business Technology...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024