US: Talon International Q4 profit jumps on higher sales
- Q4 profit jumps to $7.5m from $26,978
- Sales up 5% to $11.9m
- Company "pleased" with FY performance
Apparel fastener, zipper and trim supplier Talon International has seen its fourth-quarter profit soar on the back of increased sales.
Net income reached US$7.5m for the three months to 31 December, up from $26,978 in the same period of the prior year.
The company said total sales for the period included $5.6m in zipper sales - up 27% on the prior year, and $6.3m in trim sales - down 1.1%.
During the full year, net income stood at $9.7m, up significantly from last year's $679,347. Sales, meanwhile, grew 18% to $52.4m from $44.6m in the previous year.
"We are very pleased with our performance in fiscal year 2013," said CEO Lonnie Schnell.
"We saw solid performance in 2013 from all of our product lines as we continued to strengthen our position with core customers as well as build upon our global brand nominations. We ended the year with our seventh consecutive quarterly increase in revenues and quarterly net income results."
Apparel fastener, zipper and trim supplier Talon International saw its net profit almost halve during the first quarter, due to higher costs....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Zippers in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies