US: Talon International Q4 profit jumps on higher sales
- Q4 profit jumps to $7.5m from $26,978
- Sales up 5% to $11.9m
- Company "pleased" with FY performance
Apparel fastener, zipper and trim supplier Talon International has seen its fourth-quarter profit soar on the back of increased sales.
Net income reached US$7.5m for the three months to 31 December, up from $26,978 in the same period of the prior year.
The company said total sales for the period included $5.6m in zipper sales - up 27% on the prior year, and $6.3m in trim sales - down 1.1%.
During the full year, net income stood at $9.7m, up significantly from last year's $679,347. Sales, meanwhile, grew 18% to $52.4m from $44.6m in the previous year.
"We are very pleased with our performance in fiscal year 2013," said CEO Lonnie Schnell.
"We saw solid performance in 2013 from all of our product lines as we continued to strengthen our position with core customers as well as build upon our global brand nominations. We ended the year with our seventh consecutive quarterly increase in revenues and quarterly net income results."
Apparel fastener, zipper and trim supplier Talon International says it remains confident in its outlook, despite reporting a 35.5% decline in second-quarter net profit, hurt by lower sales....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Zippers in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of ...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey