US: Talon International Q4 profit jumps on higher sales
- Q4 profit jumps to $7.5m from $26,978
- Sales up 5% to $11.9m
- Company "pleased" with FY performance
Apparel fastener, zipper and trim supplier Talon International has seen its fourth-quarter profit soar on the back of increased sales.
Net income reached US$7.5m for the three months to 31 December, up from $26,978 in the same period of the prior year.
The company said total sales for the period included $5.6m in zipper sales - up 27% on the prior year, and $6.3m in trim sales - down 1.1%.
During the full year, net income stood at $9.7m, up significantly from last year's $679,347. Sales, meanwhile, grew 18% to $52.4m from $44.6m in the previous year.
"We are very pleased with our performance in fiscal year 2013," said CEO Lonnie Schnell.
"We saw solid performance in 2013 from all of our product lines as we continued to strengthen our position with core customers as well as build upon our global brand nominations. We ended the year with our seventh consecutive quarterly increase in revenues and quarterly net income results."
Apparel fastener, zipper and trim supplier Talon International swung to a net loss in the fourth quarter, weighed down by a double-digit decline in zipper sales. ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape