US: Talon International Q4 profit jumps on higher sales
- Q4 profit jumps to $7.5m from $26,978
- Sales up 5% to $11.9m
- Company "pleased" with FY performance
Apparel fastener, zipper and trim supplier Talon International has seen its fourth-quarter profit soar on the back of increased sales.
Net income reached US$7.5m for the three months to 31 December, up from $26,978 in the same period of the prior year.
The company said total sales for the period included $5.6m in zipper sales - up 27% on the prior year, and $6.3m in trim sales - down 1.1%.
During the full year, net income stood at $9.7m, up significantly from last year's $679,347. Sales, meanwhile, grew 18% to $52.4m from $44.6m in the previous year.
"We are very pleased with our performance in fiscal year 2013," said CEO Lonnie Schnell.
"We saw solid performance in 2013 from all of our product lines as we continued to strengthen our position with core customers as well as build upon our global brand nominations. We ended the year with our seventh consecutive quarterly increase in revenues and quarterly net income results."
Apparel fastener, zipper and trim supplier Talon International swung to a net loss in the fourth quarter, weighed down by a double-digit decline in zipper sales. ...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape