US: Talon International Q4 profit jumps on higher sales
- Q4 profit jumps to $7.5m from $26,978
- Sales up 5% to $11.9m
- Company "pleased" with FY performance
Apparel fastener, zipper and trim supplier Talon International has seen its fourth-quarter profit soar on the back of increased sales.
Net income reached US$7.5m for the three months to 31 December, up from $26,978 in the same period of the prior year.
The company said total sales for the period included $5.6m in zipper sales - up 27% on the prior year, and $6.3m in trim sales - down 1.1%.
During the full year, net income stood at $9.7m, up significantly from last year's $679,347. Sales, meanwhile, grew 18% to $52.4m from $44.6m in the previous year.
"We are very pleased with our performance in fiscal year 2013," said CEO Lonnie Schnell.
"We saw solid performance in 2013 from all of our product lines as we continued to strengthen our position with core customers as well as build upon our global brand nominations. We ended the year with our seventh consecutive quarterly increase in revenues and quarterly net income results."
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Zippers in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of ...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Myanmar Code of Conduct a first step in compliance
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019