US: Talon reaches an end to Tekfit waistband dispute
Apparel fastener and trim business Talon International has ended its long-running legal dispute with Pro-Fit Holdings over the patented Tekfit stretch-waistband technology.
The litigation, which was originally launched against Talon by Pro-Fit in 2004, ended with Talon securing patent rights within the US, as well as the ability to market the technology worldwide.
Talon said the final settlement provided for the unconditional release of it and all related entities from all claims, as well as the acquisition of all US patents, licences, rights and technology.
No damages were paid and all actions were dismissed with prejudice, the company added.
“The Pro-Fit litigation left many customers hesitant to incorporate a unique technology while its ownership was in dispute, and this uncertainty severely hampered our ability to sell this product,” Schell added.
“Now that the uncertainty is ended, we are already seeing the retail appetite for this innovative product change.”
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Formal wear retailer The Men's Wearhouse has hired designer Joseph Abboud as its new chief creative director....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis