US: Talon reaches an end to Tekfit waistband dispute
Apparel fastener and trim business Talon International has ended its long-running legal dispute with Pro-Fit Holdings over the patented Tekfit stretch-waistband technology.
The litigation, which was originally launched against Talon by Pro-Fit in 2004, ended with Talon securing patent rights within the US, as well as the ability to market the technology worldwide.
Talon said the final settlement provided for the unconditional release of it and all related entities from all claims, as well as the acquisition of all US patents, licences, rights and technology.
No damages were paid and all actions were dismissed with prejudice, the company added.
“The Pro-Fit litigation left many customers hesitant to incorporate a unique technology while its ownership was in dispute, and this uncertainty severely hampered our ability to sell this product,” Schell added.
“Now that the uncertainty is ended, we are already seeing the retail appetite for this innovative product change.”
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Formal wear retailer The Men's Wearhouse has hired designer Joseph Abboud as its new chief creative director....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields