USA: Talon Returns To Metal Fastener Business
Talon International Inc on Thursday formally launched its metal jeans button, rivet and snap business under the Talon Fastener name.
The wholly-owned subsidiary of California-based Tag-It Pacific Inc will now offer metal fasteners under the Talon brand with the products manufactured and distributed in the Western Hemisphere and Asia.
Talon zippers are approved for use by many of the world's largest jeans manufacturers, brands and retailers, with the company also offering state-of-the-art field equipment and maintenance programs to apparel manufacturers.
Tag-It Pacific CEO, Colin Dyne, commented: "We are very excited about this product launch. Talon has a long and venerable history of manufacturing metal fasteners and we are very pleased that metal fasteners will now once again be manufactured and sold under the Talon name, which has excellent name recognition and brand equity in the apparel industry.
"We believe this new venture will quickly become an important source of growth and added profitability for the entire group and round out our branded product offerings. The metal fastener business has tremendous synergies with our Talon zipper and other businesses, meaning we can utilise much of our existing distribution, engineering, customer relationships and contractor support services."
Tag-It purchased the famous TalonZipper brand name, trademarks, patents, technical field equipment and inventory from Grupo Industrial Cierres Ideal, SA de CV and Talon Inc, in January. It has been the exclusive distributor of Talon of zippers for the past two years.
Companies: Talon International Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
Combining some manufacturing operations by mixing different technologies in one multi-functional piece of equipment could change the way we currently look at garment production. Here Prabir Jana discu...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
Despite some lacklustre revenues in the recent past, the luxury market is finally booming again. A new report from just-style says the sector is likely to be worth around US$100 billion by 2010 - driv...
Trim item distributor Tag-It Pacific has announced that it has made inducement grants of 135,135 shares and options to purchase 1,035,135 shares to Stephen Forte, its new chief executive officer. ...
IBM Japan Ltd has developed a clothing inventory management system using ceramic smart tags....
Apparel trim company Tag-It Pacific has secured a co-licensing deal and strategic alliance for its Talon zip division with European zip brand Eclair Prym....
Apparel trim company Tag-It Pacific has suffered a 46.8 per cent slump in second-quarter sales, on reduced demand for trim on the Mexican market....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective