AUSTRALIA: Tamar Looms Auctioned Off
The looms and equipment were sold as 350 items after efforts to sell the business as a going concern were unsuccessful. The auction was attended by 200 buyers.
Liquidator, Steven Hernyk, said the equipment was purchased mainly by small textiles manufacturers seeking to expand.
Tamar Knitting Mills was placed into administration in early 2001. Ten expressions of interest in buying the business were received, but a sale did not result. The equipment was auctioned to pay off creditors.
Companies: Steven Madden
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fashion footwear company Steven Madden has appointed Daniel Friedman as executive licensing director....
Footwear wholesaler Steven Madden has announced the appointment of Matt Joyce to president of the company's women's wholesale division....
Footwear retailer Steven Madden has reported a 12.9 per cent third-quarter sales rise after its wholesale and retail units saw good demand, and has announced the forthcoming departure of president Ric...
Sports shoe company K-Swiss has reported a slight rise in third-quarter income, encouraged by better international revenue and share buybacks....
Shoe company Steven Madden Ltd says third-quarter profit is likely to exceed forecasts on better-than-anticipated sales in both wholesale and retail as well as gross margin growth....
Specialty family footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource Inc has completed its previously announced senior management succession....
Shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc has secured Matthew Rubel, a former executive of sportswear giant Nike Inc, as its new chief executive officer from July onwards....
Footwear group Steven Madden Ltd has named Awadhesh Sinha chief operating officer as of 1 July....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective