ITALY: Tanners' Assoc To Launch New Raw Hide Web Portal
The Italian tanners association (UNIC), with headquarters in Milan, is to create a worldwide portal featuring raw hide and skirts. Due to launch in the near future, it will be grafted on to the existing LPONLINE platform created together with LINEAPELLE.The Italian tanning industry is one of the world's prime buyers of raw hide in terms of value, quality, and concentration. Therefore it has the potential to create a global Internet market that will accelerate trade and increase savings, since it will be managed by professionals and not third parties. In Italy, it is estimated that the turnover in the raw and semi-tanned market amounts to about $2.2bn out of a world market total of around $9bn. There will be 4,500 companies involved, roughly 2,000 tanneries, and 2,500 suppliers.The commodity parameters for sales will be catalogued and computerised in collaboration with those internationally supplying them. The portal should be fully operative by 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective