ITALY: Tanners' Assoc To Launch New Raw Hide Web Portal
The Italian tanners association (UNIC), with headquarters in Milan, is to create a worldwide portal featuring raw hide and skirts. Due to launch in the near future, it will be grafted on to the existing LPONLINE platform created together with LINEAPELLE.The Italian tanning industry is one of the world's prime buyers of raw hide in terms of value, quality, and concentration. Therefore it has the potential to create a global Internet market that will accelerate trade and increase savings, since it will be managed by professionals and not third parties. In Italy, it is estimated that the turnover in the raw and semi-tanned market amounts to about $2.2bn out of a world market total of around $9bn. There will be 4,500 companies involved, roughly 2,000 tanneries, and 2,500 suppliers.The commodity parameters for sales will be catalogued and computerised in collaboration with those internationally supplying them. The portal should be fully operative by 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022