ITALY: Tanners' Assoc To Launch New Raw Hide Web Portal
The Italian tanners association (UNIC), with headquarters in Milan, is to create a worldwide portal featuring raw hide and skirts. Due to launch in the near future, it will be grafted on to the existing LPONLINE platform created together with LINEAPELLE.The Italian tanning industry is one of the world's prime buyers of raw hide in terms of value, quality, and concentration. Therefore it has the potential to create a global Internet market that will accelerate trade and increase savings, since it will be managed by professionals and not third parties. In Italy, it is estimated that the turnover in the raw and semi-tanned market amounts to about $2.2bn out of a world market total of around $9bn. There will be 4,500 companies involved, roughly 2,000 tanneries, and 2,500 suppliers.The commodity parameters for sales will be catalogued and computerised in collaboration with those internationally supplying them. The portal should be fully operative by 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020