PAKISTAN: Tanners Association Opposes Leather Export Duty
The Pakistan Tanners Association (PTA) has spoken out against demands made by leather garment manufacturers and exporters for a duty on the country's tanned leather exports. In a statement issued yesterday, PTA chairman Masood A Shaikh said: "The proposal from the Pakistan Leather Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (PLGMEA) to impose duties on finished leather is illogical and even unethical and contrary to the national interests."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"