ITALY: Tanners' Association Plans Raw Hide Portal
The Italian tanners' association Unione Nazionale Industria Conciaria (UNIC) is to branch out on the Internet with a global portal designed to accelerate trade in hide and skins. The site will be an extension to the LPOnline platform which has been created in conjunction with Lineapelle - one of the leading international trade fairs for the leather sector - and will be fully operational by 2001.As one of the world's main buyers of raw hides, the Italian tanning industry is keen to use the international potential of the Internet as a tool to accelerate trade and increase savings. UNIC is also keen to point out that the site will be managed by industry professionals. Approximately 4,500 companies will be involved - 2,000 tanneries and 2,500 suppliers. The commodity parameters for sales will be catalogued and computerised in collaboration with international suppliers.In Italy it is estimated that turnover of the raw and semi-tanned market amounts to around $2.2bn out of a world total of over $9bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar