ITALY: Tanners' Association Plans Raw Hide Portal
The Italian tanners' association Unione Nazionale Industria Conciaria (UNIC) is to branch out on the Internet with a global portal designed to accelerate trade in hide and skins. The site will be an extension to the LPOnline platform which has been created in conjunction with Lineapelle - one of the leading international trade fairs for the leather sector - and will be fully operational by 2001.As one of the world's main buyers of raw hides, the Italian tanning industry is keen to use the international potential of the Internet as a tool to accelerate trade and increase savings. UNIC is also keen to point out that the site will be managed by industry professionals. Approximately 4,500 companies will be involved - 2,000 tanneries and 2,500 suppliers. The commodity parameters for sales will be catalogued and computerised in collaboration with international suppliers.In Italy it is estimated that turnover of the raw and semi-tanned market amounts to around $2.2bn out of a world total of over $9bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016