US: Target and Neiman Marcus team on holiday line
The gift items are being created by 24 designers including Carolina Herrera, Derek Lam, Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta. The products will be available from 1 December at all Target and Neiman Marcus stores, priced from $7.99 to $499.99, with most items costing less than $60.
"Target and Neiman Marcus are known for charting new terrain, and by joining forces for the holiday season, we've set the stage for a redefining moment in retail," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Target.
"This collaboration is unlike anything Target has done before, and we are confident our guests will be thrilled with this extraordinary collection that features some of America's most preeminent designers."
Karen Katz, president and CEO of The Neiman Marcus Group added: "We are thrilled to be collaborating to offer a spectacular and special collection of one-of-a-kind items for the holidays."
To mark the collaboration, the two retailers are also donating $1m to the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has seen its first-quarter net profit rise 2.5% on the back of higher sales of apparel, footwear and accessories....
Upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus saw its first-quarter sales increase 6.5%, driven by gains in women's wear, men's wear and accessories....
Discount retailer Target Corp has teamed up with fashion designer Prabal Gurung to launch its next limited-edition clothing collection....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details