US: Target and Neiman Marcus team on holiday line
The gift items are being created by 24 designers including Carolina Herrera, Derek Lam, Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta. The products will be available from 1 December at all Target and Neiman Marcus stores, priced from $7.99 to $499.99, with most items costing less than $60.
"Target and Neiman Marcus are known for charting new terrain, and by joining forces for the holiday season, we've set the stage for a redefining moment in retail," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Target.
"This collaboration is unlike anything Target has done before, and we are confident our guests will be thrilled with this extraordinary collection that features some of America's most preeminent designers."
Karen Katz, president and CEO of The Neiman Marcus Group added: "We are thrilled to be collaborating to offer a spectacular and special collection of one-of-a-kind items for the holidays."
To mark the collaboration, the two retailers are also donating $1m to the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has seen its first-quarter net profit rise 2.5% on the back of higher sales of apparel, footwear and accessories....
Upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus saw its first-quarter sales increase 6.5%, driven by gains in women's wear, men's wear and accessories....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy