US: Target and Neiman Marcus team on holiday line
The gift items are being created by 24 designers including Carolina Herrera, Derek Lam, Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta. The products will be available from 1 December at all Target and Neiman Marcus stores, priced from $7.99 to $499.99, with most items costing less than $60.
"Target and Neiman Marcus are known for charting new terrain, and by joining forces for the holiday season, we've set the stage for a redefining moment in retail," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Target.
"This collaboration is unlike anything Target has done before, and we are confident our guests will be thrilled with this extraordinary collection that features some of America's most preeminent designers."
Karen Katz, president and CEO of The Neiman Marcus Group added: "We are thrilled to be collaborating to offer a spectacular and special collection of one-of-a-kind items for the holidays."
To mark the collaboration, the two retailers are also donating $1m to the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has seen its first-quarter net profit rise 2.5% on the back of higher sales of apparel, footwear and accessories....
Upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus saw its first-quarter sales increase 6.5%, driven by gains in women's wear, men's wear and accessories....
Discount retailer Target Corp has teamed up with fashion designer Prabal Gurung to launch its next limited-edition clothing collection....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey