US: Target and Neiman Marcus team on holiday line
The gift items are being created by 24 designers including Carolina Herrera, Derek Lam, Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta. The products will be available from 1 December at all Target and Neiman Marcus stores, priced from $7.99 to $499.99, with most items costing less than $60.
"Target and Neiman Marcus are known for charting new terrain, and by joining forces for the holiday season, we've set the stage for a redefining moment in retail," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Target.
"This collaboration is unlike anything Target has done before, and we are confident our guests will be thrilled with this extraordinary collection that features some of America's most preeminent designers."
Karen Katz, president and CEO of The Neiman Marcus Group added: "We are thrilled to be collaborating to offer a spectacular and special collection of one-of-a-kind items for the holidays."
To mark the collaboration, the two retailers are also donating $1m to the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has seen its first-quarter net profit rise 2.5% on the back of higher sales of apparel, footwear and accessories....
Upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus saw its first-quarter sales increase 6.5%, driven by gains in women's wear, men's wear and accessories....
Discount retailer Target Corp has teamed up with fashion designer Prabal Gurung to launch its next limited-edition clothing collection....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead