US: Target and Neiman Marcus team on holiday line
The gift items are being created by 24 designers including Carolina Herrera, Derek Lam, Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta. The products will be available from 1 December at all Target and Neiman Marcus stores, priced from $7.99 to $499.99, with most items costing less than $60.
"Target and Neiman Marcus are known for charting new terrain, and by joining forces for the holiday season, we've set the stage for a redefining moment in retail," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Target.
"This collaboration is unlike anything Target has done before, and we are confident our guests will be thrilled with this extraordinary collection that features some of America's most preeminent designers."
Karen Katz, president and CEO of The Neiman Marcus Group added: "We are thrilled to be collaborating to offer a spectacular and special collection of one-of-a-kind items for the holidays."
To mark the collaboration, the two retailers are also donating $1m to the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has seen its first-quarter net profit rise 2.5% on the back of higher sales of apparel, footwear and accessories....
Upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus saw its first-quarter sales increase 6.5%, driven by gains in women's wear, men's wear and accessories....
Discount retailer Target Corp has teamed up with fashion designer Prabal Gurung to launch its next limited-edition clothing collection....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019