USA: Target Corporation September Sales Up 8.1 Per Cent
Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) today reported that its net retail sales for the five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 8.1 per cent to $3.068bn from $2.837bn a year ago. Comparable store sales increased 2.9 per cent from the same period a year ago."Sales for the corporation were essentially on plan for the month ofSeptember," said Bob Ulrich, chairman and chief executive officer of Target Corporation.Target Corporation operates large-store general merchandise formats,including discount stores, moderate-priced promotional and traditionaldepartment stores. The company currently operates 1,273 stores in 45 states.This includes 942 Target stores, 267 Mervyn's stores and 64 Department Stores.Target Corporation news releases are available through Company News onCall by fax at 800-758-5804 extension 342677 or at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack