USA: Target Corporation September Sales Up 8.1 Per Cent
Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) today reported that its net retail sales for the five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 8.1 per cent to $3.068bn from $2.837bn a year ago. Comparable store sales increased 2.9 per cent from the same period a year ago."Sales for the corporation were essentially on plan for the month ofSeptember," said Bob Ulrich, chairman and chief executive officer of Target Corporation.Target Corporation operates large-store general merchandise formats,including discount stores, moderate-priced promotional and traditionaldepartment stores. The company currently operates 1,273 stores in 45 states.This includes 942 Target stores, 267 Mervyn's stores and 64 Department Stores.Target Corporation news releases are available through Company News onCall by fax at 800-758-5804 extension 342677 or at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report