USA: Target Corporation September Sales Up 8.1 Per Cent
Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) today reported that its net retail sales for the five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 8.1 per cent to $3.068bn from $2.837bn a year ago. Comparable store sales increased 2.9 per cent from the same period a year ago."Sales for the corporation were essentially on plan for the month ofSeptember," said Bob Ulrich, chairman and chief executive officer of Target Corporation.Target Corporation operates large-store general merchandise formats,including discount stores, moderate-priced promotional and traditionaldepartment stores. The company currently operates 1,273 stores in 45 states.This includes 942 Target stores, 267 Mervyn's stores and 64 Department Stores.Target Corporation news releases are available through Company News onCall by fax at 800-758-5804 extension 342677 or at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing