US: Target lowers Q4 guidance amid data breach
Target is due to report its earnings on 26 February
Target Corp has warned of larger losses than expected in its fourth-quarter as it revealed a data breach in December may now have affected 70m customers.
In a trading update, the US retailer lowered its overall fourth-quarter adjusted earnings guidance to a range of US$1.20 to $1.30 per share, down from previous guidance of $1.50 to $1.60 per share.
The outlook, Target said, anticipates a fourth-quarter comparable sales decline of around 2.5%. It had previously forecast flat comparable sales.
The retailer, which is due to report its earnings on 26 February, added that it will close around eight underperforming stores on 3 May.
The group also revealed its pre-Christmas security breach was more extensive and has affected millions more shoppers than reported last month.
The breach, which saw hackers steal the personal information of its shoppers, including names, phone numbers and mailing addresses, may now have affected around 70m customers, it said. Target had originally disclosed that around 40m had been affected.
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024