US: Target recalls 560,000 children's pyjama sets
Discounter Target Corp is recalling some 560,000 sets of children's pyjamas because they do not meet federal flammability standards, posing a risk of burn injuries.
However, no incidents have been reported, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
The recall involves Target Circo and Xhilaration children's cotton or cotton/fleece two-piece pajama sets, which also did not meet the tight-fitting sizing requirements.
The recalled garments, which were manufactured in Vietnam and Cambodia, were sold at Target stores in the US and online from August to November 2012 for US$8-13.
Target Recalls Children's Two-Piece Pajama Sets Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of Product: Children's two-piece pajama sets
Units: About 560,000
Importer: Target Corp., of Minneapolis, Minn.
Manufacturer: Makalot Garments Co. Ltd., of Taiwan
Hazard: The children's cotton or cotton/fleece pajamas sets fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, because they do not meet the tight-fitting sizing requirements. This poses a burn hazard to children.
Incidents/Injuries: None reported
Description: This recall involves Target Circo and Xhilaration children's cotton or cotton/fleece two-piece pajama sets. They were sold in infant and toddler sizes 12M, 2T, 3T, 4T and 5T, and in girls and boys sizes XS, S, M, L and XL. There are a variety of colors and designs, including stars, dots, skulls, peace signs, cats, owls, footballs and camouflage. To see a complete list of item numbers included in this recall, visit the firm's website. The item number is located on a tag on the shirt's side seam and on the pants at the waist. A tag printed on the neck of the pajamas states "Circo" or "Xhilaration", "Wear snug-fitting not flame resistant" and the item number. The pajamas were also sold with a yellow hangtag that states, "For child's safety, garment should fit snugly. This garment is not flame resistant. Loose-fitting garment is more likely to catch fire."
Sold exclusively at: Target stores nationwide and online at target.com from August 2012 through November 2012 for between $8 and $13.
Manufactured in: Vietnam and Cambodia
Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the recalled pajamas away from children and return them to any Target for a full refund.
Consumer Contact: Target; at (800) 440-0680, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or online at www.target.com and click on Product Recalls at the bottom of the page for more information.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13093.html
Companies: Target Corp
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy