US: Target teams up with designer Thakoon for collection
Retailer Target is teaming up with designer Thakoon Panichgul to create the next limited-edition collection for its GO International line.
Panichgul, celebrated for his avant-garde updates to classic American sportswear, will launch the range online and at most of Target's 1,648 stores nationwide on 28 December.
His resort collection of women's swimwear and apparel will be available throughout the month of January 2009 at prices ranging from $16.99 to $44.99.
Stand-out pieces include a floral print canvas coat, a shibori print ¾-sleeve dress, floral print shorts and a striped pleated dress.
"Thakoon Panichgul is an extraordinary design talent with a keen eye whose brilliantly priced collection is sure to please our guests," said Trish Adams, senior vice president, Target.
Thai-born, Omaha-raised Panichgul designs ready-to-wear for the Hogan fashion house Hogan, and sells his eponymous collection at top boutiques around the world including Barneys New York and Jeffrey.
Despite taking place against a gloomy economic backdrop, the IMB - World of Textile Processing trade show in Cologne last week certainly didn't disappoint when it came to new products and innovations....
Management changes are afoot at bankrupt luxury clothing maker IT Holding Group, after it announced the departure of its CFO and named a new COO at its Ittierre unit....
Full-year profits at fashion retailer Etam plummeted by 73.5%, but first quarter like-for-like sales remained stable, edging up 0.1%, the company said....
Recession-hit retailer Barneys New York has been thrown a cash lifeline by owner Istithmar World Capital, enabling it to pay its suppliers for the rest of the year....
Liz Claiborne owned fashion and lifestyle brand Juicy Couture is opening its first intimate apparel store in June....
Lifestyle brand Tory Burch LLC is to sell its products in Korea and Japan after signing two new distribution deals....
US fashion company DKNY is to open its first retail stores in India after reaching an agreement with real estate business DLF....
French women's ready-to-wear retail group Beaumanoir has been given the go-ahead by a Paris court to acquire fashion label Morgan, which went into administration last December....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020