US: Target to launch Kate Young collection
Discount retailer Target Corp is teaming up with fashion stylist Kate Young to introduce a limited-edition clothing and accessories collection.
The line includes occasion dresses, shoes, handbags and shoes and will be available from 14 April at Target stores and online. Prices range from US$14.99 to $89.99.
"This collection perfectly translates Kate's edgy, yet sophisticated sense of style, allowing Target's guests to create their own memorable fashion moments, all at affordable prices," said Trish Adams, senior vice president of apparel and accessories at Target.
Target Announces Collaboration with Celebrity Stylist Kate Young
January 18, 2013 MINNEAPOLIS
Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) today announced a collaboration with Kate Young – one of the fashion industry’s most influential celebrity stylists – to introduce an exclusive collection of women’s apparel and accessories, including an assortment of special occasion dresses. The limited-edition collection will be available April 14 at all Target stores and Target.com.
“I’ve been working with Target for a number of years as a stylist, so having the chance to design my own collection with a brand I already know and love is like a dream come true,” said Kate Young. “With this collection, I wanted to design standout pieces that allow women to experiment with fashion and create their own red carpet moments.”
Kate Young for Target is modern and versatile, embodying Young’s eye for pushing trends. Known for creating memorable Hollywood moments, Young designed a collection of special occasion dresses for day and evening, as well as standalone separates and accessories that mix and match to create endless ensembles. The collection ranges in price from $29.99 to $89.99 for apparel and $14.99 to $49.99 for jewelry, handbags and shoes.
“For years, Kate Young has been helping her celebrity clients stand out on the red carpet,” said Trish Adams, senior vice president of apparel and accessories, Target. "This collection perfectly translates Kate’s edgy, yet sophisticated sense of style, allowing Target’s guests to create their own memorable fashion moments, all at affordable prices."
Young began her career at Vogue magazine. After spending time assisting Anna Wintour and styling the first cover of Teen Vogue, she transitioned into one of the most sought-after stylists in the fashion industry. Her clientele includes Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams, Rachel Weisz and more. In addition to celebrity styling, Young consults for various labels and often styles runway shows for designers such as Jason Wu, Derek Lam, Nina Ricci, Peter Som, Yigal Azrouël and Vena Cava. No stranger to Target, Young has styled a number of the brand’s campaigns, such as Jason Wu for Target, as well as Target’s New York vertical fashion show in 2005. In 2012, Young topped The Hollywood Reporter’s list of the 25 most powerful stylists, recognizing her ingenuity and expertise in the fashion industry.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,782 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood.
Original source: http://pressroom.target.com/news/target-announces-collaboration-with-celebrity-stylist-kate-young?preview=ae7c
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape