US: Target to open 26 stores
Target is to open 26 new stores, the US retailer has said, including five "full-grocery" outlets.
Twenty-one locations are general merchandise stores, 18 of which have expanded food options. Five locations are full-grocery SuperTarget stores.
The stores will celebrate grand openings on Sunday, 11 October.
The company said today (6 October) that the new openings will creating more than 5,000 new jobs.
The 21 new general merchandise stores all feature a blend of everyday products including household items, electronics, clothing and an assortment of food and seasonal merchandise.
In addition, 18 of these general merchandise stores will offer expended food options. This new format has an open-market layout and features food additions including basic fresh produce and packaged meat along with baked goods.
All general merchandise stores employ 100-250 team members. General merchandise stores are approximately 127,000 square feet and general merchandise locations with an expanded food assortment are 135,000 square feet.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar