US: Target's online president departs
The head of Target Corp's online business has left the company, the US discount retailer said yesterday (13 October).
It gave no further details, other than to say that Steve Eastman, president of Target.com, has left "to pursue other opportunities." However, his departure comes less than a month after the retail giant's website crashed as it launched the new Missoni for Target collection.
Eastman is the second key executive to leave Target this month, after chief marketing officer Michael Francis was named as the new president at JC Penney. Francis will be responsible for all merchandising, marketing, planning and allocation as well as product development and sourcing.
Few incoming CEOs have put their stamp on their new company as quickly as JC Penney's Ron Johnson. His former life as head of retail at Apple is evident in the title of the new strategy for the ailing...
Top stories on just-style last week included the numbers of retailers collapsing into administration increased by 15%, JCPenney cutting 600 jobs at its headquarters and 48 apparel brands and retailers...
Michael Dastugue, CFO of US department store retailer JC Penney, will leave the company this week and is to be replaced by COO Michael Kramer on an interim basis. ...
Some 48 apparel brands and retailers including H&M, Nike, Wal-Mart, Levi's, Adidas, Gap and Marks & Spencer have been accused of purchasing clothing from suppliers who illegally discharge polluted wat...
US department store retailer JCPenney Company Inc is axing around 10% of the staff at its corporate headquarters in Plano, Texas as part of an ongoing transformation of its business under new CEO Ron ...
US department store retailer JC Penney has said that there is a risk that its new strategy could hit sales for some time, and that there is no guarantee its store and merchandise turnaround plan would...
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects