US: Target's online president departs
The head of Target Corp's online business has left the company, the US discount retailer said yesterday (13 October).
It gave no further details, other than to say that Steve Eastman, president of Target.com, has left "to pursue other opportunities." However, his departure comes less than a month after the retail giant's website crashed as it launched the new Missoni for Target collection.
Eastman is the second key executive to leave Target this month, after chief marketing officer Michael Francis was named as the new president at JC Penney. Francis will be responsible for all merchandising, marketing, planning and allocation as well as product development and sourcing.
Few incoming CEOs have put their stamp on their new company as quickly as JC Penney's Ron Johnson. His former life as head of retail at Apple is evident in the title of the new strategy for the ailing...
Top stories on just-style last week included the numbers of retailers collapsing into administration increased by 15%, JCPenney cutting 600 jobs at its headquarters and 48 apparel brands and retailers...
Michael Dastugue, CFO of US department store retailer JC Penney, will leave the company this week and is to be replaced by COO Michael Kramer on an interim basis. ...
Some 48 apparel brands and retailers including H&M, Nike, Wal-Mart, Levi's, Adidas, Gap and Marks & Spencer have been accused of purchasing clothing from suppliers who illegally discharge polluted wat...
US department store retailer JCPenney Company Inc is axing around 10% of the staff at its corporate headquarters in Plano, Texas as part of an ongoing transformation of its business under new CEO Ron ...
US department store retailer JC Penney has said that there is a risk that its new strategy could hit sales for some time, and that there is no guarantee its store and merchandise turnaround plan would...
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges