USA: Tarrant Apparel Group Acquires Ajalpan Sewing Plant
Tarrant Apparel Group has announced that it has entered into an agreement to purchase the assets of a state-of-the-art sewing plant in Ajalpan, Mexico. This 100,000 sq ft facility has the capacity to sew six million units per year. Tarrant Apparel purchased the Ajalpan facility for approximately $11m in an all cash transaction, $9m of which was paid prior to December 31, 2000 as construction progress payments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth