USA: Tarrant Signs License For Beyonce Clothing Line
Private Brands Inc, a subsidiary of Tarrant Apparel Group, has signed an exclusive license agreement with House of Dereon, the branded apparel line founded by pop star Beyonce Knowles and her mother, Tina Knowles.
The young contemporary women's line, which is expected to launch in time for holiday delivery at better specialty stores worldwide, will feature ready-to-wear, casual sportswear, and denim offerings.
Barry Aved, president and CEO of Tarrant Apparel Group, said: "House of Dereon adds a very exciting new dimension to our growing portfolio of private brands, which includes American Rag, Cie, Alain Weitz large sizes, and Gear 7 brands."
He added that Beyonce will have an active role in supporting and marketing the brand.
The companies Beyond Productions and Kids Headquarters will provide the infrastructure for licensing and brand management to House of Dereon.
It's not easy being green, but garment manufacturers are taking small steps towards offering eco-friendly apparel. Driven by consumer concerns about health and the environment, eco-friendly fabrics an...
European polyester producer AdvanSA has introduced Coolmax into the women's ready-to-wear market....
Fibre giant Invista has spun off its electro-textile arm after securing investor financing....
French fashion designer Christian Lacroix has confirmed that he will remain at the label with the same name, drawing to a close ongoing speculation that he would quit after the business was bought by ...
Roberto Menichetti, artistic director of the Celine fashion label, is stepping down from his position....
Branded clothing company Jones Apparel Group Inc said it saw a better-than-expected first quarter, primarily due to a good performance of its wholesale business....
Ladies' wear chain Camaieu SA said turnover rose 13.1 per cent to €93.4 million during the first quarter of 2005....
Tom Ford and Domenico De Sole, who left Gucci last year after drastically turning around its fortunes, have launched a new luxury brand under designer Tom Ford's name....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report