US: Tata inks Aerosoles shoe deal in Europe and India
US-based footwear retailer Aerogroup International is teaming up with leather and footwear exporter Tata International to sell Aerosoles shoes in Europe and India.
Under the deal, Tata has acquired the license to produce and market the shoes, and will distribute products made in its factories in India and Portugal. The Aerosoles brand will be sold through its own retail shops in Spain and Portugal, and through franchisee retailers and wholesale distributors in other European countries.
Tata International, India's largest exporter of leather and shoes, already sells Aerogroup's Aerology brand in 34 Indian cities. Aerogroup International also owns the A2 brand and operates 200 footwear stores across the world.
Aerosoles shoes are sold in more than 15 countries including China, Hong Kong, Philippines, Thailand, Israel, Canada, and Turkey.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective