JAPAN: Tax rebate boosts Asics Q3 profit
- Q3 net profit up 42.9% to JPY12.519bn
- Net sales up 2.3% to JPY190.5bn
- Profit impacted by tax rebate and interest
A refund in taxes helped boost third quarter profits at sporting goods business Asics, which also recorded net sales increases at home and overseas.
Sales in the domestic Japanese market were up 1% to JPY63.5bn (US$681m), thanks to strong sales of running shoes, offset by weaker revenues from baseball ware and equipment.
Overseas sales rose 2.9% to JPY126.95bn, impacted by exchange rates but boosted by strong sales of running shoes in the Americas and Europe.
Asics said it had attempted to boost sales during the three months to 31 December by opening directly managed sales outlets in Brazil, the US and Australia, as well as flagship stores in London, Barcelona and Kobe.
The strong increase in profit, it added, was caused by the recording of a tax refund and interest from a refund which arose from transfer pricing taxation.
Japanese sporting goods firm Asics is to compensate the families of victims who were killed when part of a factory building collapsed at one of its footwear suppliers in Cambodia - and says the move i...
The International Labour Organization's Better Factories Cambodia (BFC) initiative is advising that a structural review is carried out on all buildings in all garment and footwear factories in Cambodi...
A factory where a shelter collapsed earlier this week injuring 23 people was making clothes for Swedish fashion retailer H&M without its knowledge, the company has admitted....
Two workers have died after a Cambodian factory that manufacturers footwear for Japanese sporting goods firm Asics collapsed earlier today (16 May)....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects