JAPAN: Tax rebate boosts Asics Q3 profit
- Q3 net profit up 42.9% to JPY12.519bn
- Net sales up 2.3% to JPY190.5bn
- Profit impacted by tax rebate and interest
A refund in taxes helped boost third quarter profits at sporting goods business Asics, which also recorded net sales increases at home and overseas.
Sales in the domestic Japanese market were up 1% to JPY63.5bn (US$681m), thanks to strong sales of running shoes, offset by weaker revenues from baseball ware and equipment.
Overseas sales rose 2.9% to JPY126.95bn, impacted by exchange rates but boosted by strong sales of running shoes in the Americas and Europe.
Asics said it had attempted to boost sales during the three months to 31 December by opening directly managed sales outlets in Brazil, the US and Australia, as well as flagship stores in London, Barcelona and Kobe.
The strong increase in profit, it added, was caused by the recording of a tax refund and interest from a refund which arose from transfer pricing taxation.
Japanese sporting goods firm Asics is to compensate the families of victims who were killed when part of a factory building collapsed at one of its footwear suppliers in Cambodia - and says the move i...
The International Labour Organization's Better Factories Cambodia (BFC) initiative is advising that a structural review is carried out on all buildings in all garment and footwear factories in Cambodi...
A factory where a shelter collapsed earlier this week injuring 23 people was making clothes for Swedish fashion retailer H&M without its knowledge, the company has admitted....
Two workers have died after a Cambodian factory that manufacturers footwear for Japanese sporting goods firm Asics collapsed earlier today (16 May)....
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- American Apparel exits bankruptcy
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation